Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
5 different kind of slides:
1- rollers- attached to the slide
2- rollers- embedded in the floor
3- no rollers- unit "floats"- like Prevost over the floor
4- skids- unit slides over the main floor.
5- combination of 1 and 2
Thank you. Is there any easy way to tell. I know that I have rollers on the frame that the slide rolls on but I do not know if there are rollers on the inside edge of the slide. Where would I inspect to try and find out.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #44

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Here is a step by step on my install a few years ago. I had over 60 hours into it, but then I can turn any 'ol project into a major deal.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/allu...all-91826.html

Nice job could I share a hint I learned from folks that work on tractors. A lot of tractor implements sit out in the rain and the nuts rust to the bolt so is a pain to get apart. Take any kind of candle and a propane torch. Just heat the nut enough that the candle will melt against the threads in the bolt if you touch it to it. The heat from the nut will wick the candle wax up into the threads under the bolt and the bolt will be a LOT easier to loosen. I did not believe this would work until I tried it on a bolt that I had drowned in PB Blaster and left overnight to set. I could not get the nut off until I used the candle wax. To make sure it was not just the combination I tried another bolt without PB Blaster on it and the nut came off very easily.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #45

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
look outside under the slide. you will see the rubber seal. pull that down an you maybe able to see the rollers
if not- retract the slide, take a framing square an while laying it flat on the floor move it under the slide and see if it impacts the rollers.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #46

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am going to take a look at our full slide and hope to do this as well.
Old Dude 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Does anyone have any reason why the click style Allure Vinyl Flooring would be preferred over the self adhesive overlap style? I might suggest the overlap adhesive style would not show any separation with temperature changes?
sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #48

I put the Allure vinyl the one that over laps and when finished is like one big piece. It's not glued down its like it floats. But this vinyl is thick and when put down like I said it's like its one big piece so that if you spilt water on it , the water can't it under it. I've used in my kitchen and my son in law put it in his whole house. . It has different styles and is easy to put down. I'm thinking about putting it down in my coach. I would recommend it to anyone.
Someone had said something about the planks with vinyl on them. I would not recommend that and Here's why. In my previous RV it had the individual vinyl planks that wees glued down . There was a couple of times that the slides we'd not completely level and it tore the vinyl off the planks as it started to slide.
donwat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #49

The slide is scratching my laminate floor. I started putting a stiff piece of plastic on the floor when closing. When there was tile there were black marks embedded from the slide.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #50

Triple E Owners Club
Not having a place to work my self on the MH nor the time or expertise I elected to have it done professionally. Besides I can blame someone else if it goes wrong .

I had all the existing carpet and tile removed - stem to stern. I also had the steps and step cover redone.
Karndean Art Select Wood RL11 with variable width planks and laid on a diagonal.
TPS floor adhesive
Self leveling Float
Black Coin pattern stair tread
Marine Wrinkle Vinyl on sides of steps

About $5400

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20131003_002.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	47238

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130716_001.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	47239
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #51

nice looking. I hope they used a wood stair nose and not some metal. The white residue on the treads is a releasing agent and comes off easily.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #52

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
nice looking. I hope they used a wood stair nose and not some metal. The white residue on the treads is a releasing agent and comes off easily.
The bottom pic of the steps was taken in the middle of the work, it is neat and clean now. The top pic is the finished job with the slide out. I am very pleased with the job. Will have to see how it holds up over time.
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #53

That flooring looks beautiful. I like the way you had it done on the diagonal. It looks so muchbetterthat way.
donwat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #54

DIY Floor

So, why does it cost so much to have the flooring done? We were told that the furniture had to be removed, etc. How about the tile removal in kitchen and bath? We, too, were given a high quote to remove our carpet and have it done.
MobyDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #55

Any truck fuel stop.
MobyDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #56

Moby- you are dealing with skilled labor. You can't compare a stick and brick with a coach. S&B- installers go by the square foot or yard. In a coach, there is not that volume of square feet and thus the higher cost. Each coach is different. It all depends on what you wish to keep or wish to replace. Even coaches of same vintage and layout can differ from what the owner wants done.

Tags
remodel