Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #57

Have 2003 Southlwind with #4 skids. Do you think I will have a problem w/ the Allure planks? removing carpet. maybe gluing just where it is skidding?
gators is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2013, 11:46 PM   #58

Did you have problem under the slide? removing carpet My slide has skids, maybe gluing under the skids?
Old 10-16-2013, 05:04 AM   #59

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
use some pieces of those planks on top of your new and then activate your slide. They will act as spacers
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #60

this was my response to a PM on another forum:
My DIY cost ~$500 and ~50 hours labor. As a Alabamian, I am very pleased with my floor, after all that work, having it turn out better than planned is a real treat. As you know, sometimes DIY projects don't work out so well....
Anyway, I installed Armstrong 12-in x 12-in Crescendo Marble Gray Marble Finish Luxury Vinyl Tile from Lowes. About a $ a square foot. The hotter the weather, the better it forms to the sub floor contours and once stuck down and rolled (or just walked on a lot), IT AIN'T COMING UP. Really! I've also installed 3 other versions of these in my in-laws house (upstairs in their 75 degree heat and downstairs on the concrete basement floor. They all look great, especially when grouted. Then they are hard to tell from real ceramic tiles.
No worries about high temps or humidity at all.
Going on two years and no sign of any wear, shinkage, staining, fading etc. It must get up to 100 degrees in the camper during summer storage.
Good luck on your project. You may need to add a layer of thin plywood if your chassis bolt heads stick up. I glued and shot mine. Also, I used a liquid product Lowes recommends on the plywood to help the tile stick. Its basically just a watery coating that dries quickly to make the subfloor non-porous to improve tile adhesion. It works well too.
The stuff is heavy and we all noticed a real decrease in road noise with this sheet of tile down.
MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebeater View Post
I know the responses have got off track, but I have to agree. Out of our whole remodel the floor was by far the easiest part and very inexpensive (less than $250 for ours). The remaining $6750 could buy a lot of fuel!

We have even you beat... 45 minutes with a carpet shampooer "priceless".
The carpet and interior is original and looks brand new. We like carpet better, not so cold.
$6750 Fuel I could go forever. Just saying!!!
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #62

Allure install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
you will be fine with new hard surface- your slide is, I believe, Power Gear and it works very well. It may be HWH, also.
don't forget, any hard surface is going to be less in height then the original carpet and pad
Yes I have Southwind with 14' slide Power Gear. I was to the point of going ahead with the project because I could see any reason it wouldn't work. Glad to get advice from soneone who's been thee and done that. Thanks

Tags
remodel