Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #29

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
If it were me, I would disable the switch , use heavy nylon ties to make sure the jacks couldn't drop and head to Florida. You can likely get what you need to make the repair where its warm. Worse case is that you would need to block wheels to level it. JMO
I'll find out tonight how much the repair will cost. That might be an option, but my MH is very low and hard to get underneath without putting up on a lift.

bud01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2015, 01:53 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
I'd be suspicious of this repair guy. The springs will raise the jacks if no fluid is in the system. The alarm will sound if the fluid is low it probably just needs a little ATF in the tank. If it starts up again real soon then a leak should be expected. This sounds like a scare and hose em tactic from the RV shop to over charge you for a simple repair.

Get a second opinion even if it's Camping World
Dick
Actually, this mechanic could have over-charged me on several repairs and upgrades that I asked him to do. The original job he did was for a generator that wouldn't run. The previous owner had told me it wouldn't run and would probably cost about $400+ to have it repaired. My guy confirmed the estimate, then called me up the next day to come and get it. He replaced a section of fuel line and filter. Cost? $69.

On another occasion, he put a new battery disconnect in and included a chasis disconnect all mounted to the distribution panel with red lights; total was just over $100. No more dead batteries

Yes, there was a big puddle of fluid under the unit but I was worried about the pump. He said the reason both hoses were bad was they were crossed over the transmission and were rubbing together but the pump was fine.

I'll let you know what the final verdict will be, but appreciate all the feedback. btw, when I called him in a panic, he told me the springs would hold them up and to drive it up to him so he could see what was going on.

Bud

bud01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #31

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If the springs on the Jacks are not broken they will not come down. Hydraulic pressure is only for lowering the jacks, springs hold them up during travel.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
bud01234,
Sounds like your guy is honest and reasonable, not many of those around.

1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote