Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We set our MH up in a local campground about 30 minutes from our house. This way we use it every weekend as a getaway and then make other trips from there. To us it was better then it sitting in the drive way. Plus I travel a lot so the family gets to use it while I am away.

Herb, Anna and Lil Herb
2013 Winnebago Vista 35B

HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Daytripper63 View Post
Just like the title says, how often do you use your class A DP? This is a question for the non full timers. I have a Fleetwood Providence 40x it is a beautiful coach but it kills me to see it sit in my warehouse, I usually only do weekend trips and a couple week long trips each year but it seems like in the past year we are getting out less and less and now we have not used it since November. I hate to sell it but I hate to see it sit. So how often and how many miles a year do you do a year on average.
We are averaging about 13.5 kmiles and 65-75 days per year. Most miles for our consultant business travel (which was our plan upon retirement and purchase of the RV) but we have been able to fit in many weekends and in-route time for a lot of great sight-seeing as we move about.

We can only handle about 3-4 weeks living in the Tuscany, then need to get home and stretch out. We both thank our stars that we bypassed the full-timing gig that we once considered. Would have been miserable puppies since our sticks and bricks is equipped with, golf cart in garage and 1st Tee five minutes away, solar heated pool in the back yard that we we use daily 7-8 months a year, and our three car custom remodeled garage/workshop/mancave.

Our only downside is not being able to store the Tuscany at our house due to HOA covenants, so we have to store in a RV warehouse about 15 minutes away. Have installed 50 amp power and sewer hookup for use when we are parked in the driveway for loading, downloading and tinkering.

The Buckeyeduffers -w/(Copilots Brandi & Britt, spoiled ShiTzu & Cavalier)
2016 Thor Vegas 26' V10 Triton w/2014 GMC Sierra TOAD (downsized from) 2008 Damon Tuscany 360 DP
buckeyeduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #17
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
bought our DP in may of 2012 did several weekend trips within a 200 mile radius. In august drove from Arkansas to LA then drove up to San Fransisco. Came back through Nevada. Did a couple more local trips. In 2013 drove the motor home to several states for my business advocating in arbitrations. in Sept of 2013 Wife was offered a job reviewing contracts in OKlahoma 45 miles from her daughters house. Daughter was being deployed to a much warmer climate in January so we lived in the MH for 5 months just got home Feb 1, Planning on more arbitration work starting next month. Since we bought the MH in May 2012 the 5 months in the campground in OKlahoma is the longest the MH has set without going some where since we bought it.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #18
Newmar Owners Club
2 weeks in November, 2 weeks in April otherwise it's in storage. The rest of the year we're working
danmarsh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #19
Monaco Owners Club
Never enough, but like it was stated earlier you have to plan to use it. If you don't it will be on your mind. deSanford
Sanford, Linda & R cats: Molly, Levi, Cody
2011 Monaco by Navistar RV
Good Sam Life Member Good Sam Hams Chapter
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #20
Monaco Owners Club
2 weeks in the summer, 5 months in AZ winters
2001 Monaco Diplomat 8.3 40ft, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
IA summers, Parker Dam CA winters.
Lued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:21 AM   #21
Originally Posted by Lued View Post
2 weeks in the summer, 5 months in AZ winters
I don't keep track of miles (except overall for maintenance) ... time spent is about 3 - 4 months/year and we plan on increasing that time.
2005 Newmar Essex 4502
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 AM   #22
Just got back from a snow skiing trip where we parked and stayed in the coach right in the parking lot of the resort. We will do that once a week during the winter, then get out for 10 to 20 trips during the spring and fall. We usually don't travel much then school is out for summer break. Just to crowded for our taste.
Good Luck, Be Safe and Above All, Don't Forget To Have Fun
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, being pushed by a 2009 Honda CRV
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #23
Tiffin Owners Club
Not hardly enough, but we do our best not to let that stop us!!! There are times we will use it to go to the farmer's market only 1/2 hour away. That way, the DW can shop 'till she drops, and I return to the MH when I get tired of following her around like a puppy. This also enables us to return to a very cool vehicle after shopping in the sun all day because I leave the genny and AC running, which doubles to get the monthly exercise in. Last year, we went to a funeral in N Carolina just under 5 hours away. While this would have normally been a car trip, we took the MH just so we wouldn't have to be dressed up on the road all day just for an hour long funeral. Ended up overnighting at RVacations in Selma on the way back... one of our best outings!

Bottom line... me thinks if you can plan it into some of your weekly routine, you will appreciate it even more, and will not want to part with it.
Dewey & Sharon
Southern Maryland suburbs of DC
2015 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #24
We use ours every three weeks on weekends from April to January . We live in florida so campgrounds are usually full until mid April . We both still work.
R&L fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #25
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hopefully I can get it out more this year. I used to get out at least once a month but that has not been the case lately but I do have a trip planned to Moab soon.
2008 Fleetwood Providence 40X
1957 Willys in tow or 2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Roseville Ca.
Daytripper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #26
We traveled/lived in our coach about 70 days and traveled just over 12,000 miles in 2013.

We plan to do about the same this year.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #27
we try to use it at least once a month for a weekend trip
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #28
We use it to travel between our home in WI and the one in AZ. One trip in the fall and one in the spring going back north. We also take side trips from both places so the total miles each year are close to 8 or 9,000 miles. We take a small dog and cat and haul the toys we want to play with. Several dry camping trips to the desert to Jeep in the mountains. We would be lost without the MH.

Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote

class a