Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redapple View Post
I went to a Goodyear dealer and he says the G670's are discontinued. I don't know enough to dispute the guys claim. I am not sure if I should go for the Goodyear G647's at 365 or for the Bridgestone's R250F at 350 a tire. Both are good tire.

I wouldn't go to camping world...find a good truck shop. I am not familiar with your area or I would recommend one.

Good Luck...
Bill

He's lying to sell what's in his warehouse. The Bridgestones are the way to go.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:34 PM   #114

Quote:
I went to a Goodyear dealer and he says the G670's are discontinued. I don't know enough to dispute the guys claim. I am not sure if I should go for the Goodyear G647's at 365 or for the Bridgestone's R250F at 350 a tire. Both are good tire.
Bill

The RV670's are on the current Goodyear tire selector web page.

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #115

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsm View Post
What is the difference between your #507 and your #510. Thank you
I think you almost got lost in the conversation. Here is the website: Truck System Technologies

The 507 system has changeable batteries and flow through sensors, you can put air in without removing the sensor. The 510 doesn't have this option. There may be other differences but i found a good price for the 507 and went with it.

Rick Y
Old 04-13-2015, 07:51 AM   #116

Commercial Member

Quote:

I wouldn't go to camping world...find a good truck shop. I am not familiar with your area or I would recommend one.

Good Luck...
Bill
You might call Goodyear Corporate Sales. 1-800-321-2136
Bet they would be interested to learn that according to your dealer they have stopped making the G670. They might even ask the dealers name.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:14 AM   #117

Monaco Owners Club
Yes the 507 has user replaceable batteries, and the 510 has a 5 year military grade battery. Please call me with any questions @ 770-889-9102 Mike Benson
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
You might call Goodyear Corporate Sales. 1-800-321-2136
Bet they would be interested to learn that according to your dealer they have stopped making the G670. They might even ask the dealers name.
I have gotten quotes from two other tire shops. Both have said they have the G670's available. I have scratched the original quotes as unreliable. They also quoted me the bare tire price while the others quoted me the installed price. Big O came out the winners with the Bridgestone's R250F load range F at 390 each installed plus tax.

Think I will go with these.

Thanks...
Old 04-14-2015, 11:20 PM   #119

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If not already, You might check out FMCA's Michelin tire program. Saved me big bucks! About $100/tire from what I was quoted at tow different tire shops.
FMCA-GOOD SAM
jstdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:11 AM   #120

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I replace mine every 7 years, or 60,000 miles whichever comes first. I run Toyo tires and have never had an issue with them. They shed rain and mud well and give a quiet ride. This last set cost me over 2 grand, but better safe than sorry. Whether on my motorhome, my motorcycles, or cars I keep good rubber on them all. Tires, brakes and steering components aren't items you shouldn't try to pinch pennies on and get every last thread of life out of before replacing. It can only cause you some serious grief if something goes wrong. JMHO
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #121

Gulf Streamers Club
Well I ordered 6 Michelin XRV 235/80R/22.5 for my coach today and was told they would not be available for two or three weeks as they are just starting production up. That sucks, I am leaving on a 2600 Mile Vacation on the 30th of April and my old tires are dated from the 2000 production year. dealer said he found 6 tires but they were 3 years old and he would not sell them to me. He will call me if the tires come in early and get me in as soon as possible. I will have to rely on my TST 507 system. I just put new batteries in all the sensors and noticed the rubber seal that goes between the sensor cover and the sensor ripped off three or four sensors, I E-Mailed TST asking for new seals so the weather protection will not be compromised and I am just waiting to hear back before I reinstall the sensors for the up coming season.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:29 PM   #122

Three questions.

1 would you consider buying used Goodyears that are date coded less than 2 years old? And have 12/32" tread?

2 how do you have your tires balanced? I've contacted 4 different tire companies local to me and only 1 balances and adds lead weights. The rest are using "Equal" balance bead bags.

3 what is the going rate for tire changes. It seems like everyone is in the $50-75 range for mount/balance/disposal

My coach is a 2000 (she just had her birthday on Monday 4/13) and the tires are original Michelins form mid 99, only 27,000 miles with no cracking. Obviously that's why all 6 tires need replaced and I'm considering used. I figure get 6 newer used tires and then upgrade 2 new tires a year for the first 3 years.

2000 Gulf Stream Conquest, first MH (bought 8/14)
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Unknown Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #123

Monaco Owners Club
#1. NO, I won't allow any Goodyear's on my coach.

#2. I use RV Dyna Beads from Innovative Balancing. I won't use any weights, Equal Powder or Equal Beads. The Dyna Beads are 2mm ceramic beads that will NOT clogged up your stem or valve.

#3. I go to major truck tire shops who know how to properly jack up the coach and work on large size tires. They have the proper equipment and knowledge. I recently went to Parkhouse Tire in San Fernando CA where they charged me $20 to remove an inside dually and break the tire down to get the Borg Stem off of the wheel. I went to Borg up the road and traded the problematic stem for a brand new one free of charge. Took the new one back and the tire tech installed it, inflated the tire and remounted it onto my coach. They did all of that without disturbing the Dyna Beads inside the tire. And again all for $20.

$50-$75 seems to be on the high side to me.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:19 PM   #124

My coach stays I garage except when in use so even through the outsides had fine hairline like cracking this is what I found on the inside facing duals ! I got 16,000 miles over 9 years on these and got lucky I found this.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1429157724.600630.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  97.0 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1429157749.315399.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1429157776.682983.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  97.0 KB
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:28 PM   #125

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
A. I bet your friend doesn't have TPMS so drove some unknown number of miles with one dual leaking air till he had a "Run Low Flex Failure"

B He only replaced the tire that lost air but did nothing about the companion tire that was run 100% overloaded for unknown number of miles.

C The second tire failed, not at once but probably miles later as the damage had been done but it takes time for the internal structural failure to grow. Sometimes hours and sometimes days or even weeks depending on operation but failure is almost certain.

A couple of posts on special considerations on Duals HERE and HERE
Good points and another reason people need to read their tire manufacturers guides they publish!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:35 PM   #126

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
Well I ordered 6 Michelin XRV 235/80R/22.5 for my coach today and was told they would not be available for two or three weeks as they are just starting production up. That sucks, I am leaving on a 2600 Mile Vacation on the 30th of April and my old tires are dated from the 2000 production year. dealer said he found 6 tires but they were 3 years old and he would not sell them to me. He will call me if the tires come in early and get me in as soon as possible. I will have to rely on my TST 507 system. I just put new batteries in all the sensors and noticed the rubber seal that goes between the sensor cover and the sensor ripped off three or four sensors, I E-Mailed TST asking for new seals so the weather protection will not be compromised and I am just waiting to hear back before I reinstall the sensors for the up coming season.
No TPMS will notify you if a tire blows out. It can warn you if a tire gets low on pressure or high on temps though which might give you time to pull over.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires