Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2017, 04:43 AM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckftboy View Post
There is no such thing as too old. Its all in what one can afford and what each individual likes. While some of us prefer new, many like saving money and by used. True, finance companies shy away loan money on an older coaches but if the price is low enough there is always signature loans or even a small second mortgage option. A 20 year old pusher can run as well as a 2 year old pusher with a little TLC.
Amen.

And some just won't spend the price what one if these cost new or even 10 years old for that matter. I have always wanted to get my feet wet in the rv world but the price of one always kept me out of the game. I finally found one for a price I was willing to pay. It was 20 years old but stored under a canopy and only have 39,900 miles when I purchased it. One owner since new besides the guy I got it from that had it less than a year and put only 400 miles on it. It's 20 years old but everyone is always in "wow" over it's condition. I think I got a good deal on a well built coach and can have some money left over for gas 😣
d_elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2017, 04:44 AM   #30

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_elegance View Post
Amen.

And some just won't spend the price what one if these cost new or even 10 years old for that matter. I have always wanted to get my feet wet in the rv world but the price of one always kept me out of the game. I finally found one for a price I was willing to pay. It was 20 years old but stored under a canopy and only have 39,900 miles when I purchased it. One owner since new besides the guy I got it from that had it less than a year and put only 400 miles on it. It's 20 years old but everyone is always in "wow" over it's condition. I think I got a good deal on a well built coach and can have some money left over for gas 😣
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170319_053901.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	155258
Old 03-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecurb74 View Post
We bought our U320 Foretravel coach when she was 13y.o.a. We financed thru a local credit union as 1stMH did. They didn't even bat an eye at the age. At 17 She's still "purdy" and can't beat the ride. We went with the best quality and that we we could afford. I look at some of the supposedly new coaches and just shake my head at the quality, or lack thereof!
Attachment 155247

That is a beautiful classy looking coach. Seems with the newer models they are always trying to out do their competitors by adding more swirls.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneukam View Post
That is a beautiful classy looking coach. Seems with the newer models they are always trying to out do their competitors by adding more swirls.
She is beautiful! The full body paint sure makes it look just like the new or newer models. Is that original or did ypu have it done? As for interior the same goes for mine, it is built with quality and it shows. Its 20 years old and I can step into a newer coach and see it's newer but cheaply made compaired to my HR. If I ever deside to do a full body paint job I know it will really make it look much newer. All in all reliability is the most important thing of all to me. They can look pretty but it's no fun if your on the side of the road hundereds of miles from home.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
We had no trouble getting a loan last summer for our '03 Allegro Bus. Am planning to pay it off early. We spent all day a few weeks ago at the Good Sam RV show in Phoenix, looking at a lot of high end coaches and didn't see anything that better suited us than our Bus. Bought it with 72K miles on it. That rig sure runs down the road nice! I tease that it's like Jim Rockford's trailer - super nice on the inside, not quite so on the outside - but the exterior is not THAT bad. I am planning on a quality paint job sometime in the future, though. Maybe after a trip to AK.
Tahoejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_elegance View Post
She is beautiful! The full body paint sure makes it look just like the new or newer models. Is that original or did ypu have it done? As for interior the same goes for mine, it is built with quality and it shows. Its 20 years old and I can step into a newer coach and see it's newer but cheaply made compaired to my HR. If I ever deside to do a full body paint job I know it will really make it look much newer. All in all reliability is the most important thing of all to me. They can look pretty but it's no fun if your on the side of the road hundereds of miles from home.

Thanks,

The full body paint was from the factory so it has held up well over the years. I love the wood in the interior. That is what bowled me over when looking at the coach. The 450HP ISM didn't hurt either!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0096.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	155359
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:29 PM   #35

As one of the prior members have commented, there are great purchases out there to be made on diesel pushers and other RV, and they 10 to 15 year time Horizon. I just purchased Newmar Essex that is 11 years old and is in Immaculate condition with full service records and many upgrades. If you have cash in hand you can get a very good deal for any unit within this time frame since the banks don't want to finance them. Patience is the key to finding a motivated seller when you are serious about purchasing your coach.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Gregsproles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:06 AM   #36

Since we're talking about older coaches. My wife and I have decided to sell our 2000 CC Affinity. Any recommendations which online sites to list on or go with a consignment dealership.
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:39 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinityfan View Post
Since we're talking about older coaches. My wife and I have decided to sell our 2000 CC Affinity. Any recommendations which online sites to list on or go with a consignment dealership.

I suggest going to nrvia.org and find a nearby Licensed RV inspector. For a few hundred bucks you can have a report in hand to show prospective buyers. It's kinda like looking at certified used cars.

Mike
2003 Itasca Horizon DP
2010 Honda CRV toad
Mikey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:44 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinityfan View Post
Any recommendations which online sites to list on or go with a consignment dealership.
RVTrader gets my vote.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey143 View Post
I suggest going to nrvia.org and find a nearby Licensed RV inspector. For a few hundred bucks you can have a report in hand to show prospective buyers. It's kinda like looking at certified used cars.

Mike
2003 Itasca Horizon DP
2010 Honda CRV toad
Do they assess the value of the coach as well?
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:10 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are folks out there who will pay cash for an older, well built and well maintained coach. Condition is everything. We traded an 11 year beautifully maintained coach in 2013 and the dealer sold it to a cash buyer before we got off the lot with our newer coach.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #41

Never too old as long as it is road worthy and safe to drive in my opinion. Good maintenance goes a long way.
Roy Somers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 AM   #42

I know everyone is different, but I am a value shopper and want a lot for what I spend. When I look at what the new rigs cost, I can get so much more buying used. 10-20 year old coaches are a bargain when comparing to new. I have busy detailing the paint and doing some routine maintenance on my "new" old coach.

Name:	IMG_1303.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	155417

Name:	IMG_1216.JPG
Views:	416
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	155418