Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Outlaw Class A Toyhauler...just over 11 feet at the front, like many mid-range Class A's, but grows up to 13 feet at the rear, with Loft bed over the garage! LOVE IT!

2013 Outlaw Garage Motorhomes: Class A Toy Hauler RV by Thor Motor Coach
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #44

Thanks for the pics Chuck, guess we would also be length limited to about 32-33' as the building is 36' long, unless we fell in love with a longer one, then we would have to look at something like you did... (looks nice !)
Monkey
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
2012 Monaco Knight 36' advertized at 12' 7", actual is 12' 10". My 13' door opening is 12' 11". I dump the air bags when I move into the garage.
When I built the house (way before I had an RV) I listened to the builder who said 13' would be enough for anything, which was a big mistake, I should have used a 14' door.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #46

Country Coach Owners Club
12' 10" on a CC Inspire with 11R22.5 tires.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #47
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
12'8" to top of sat dish. I have no way to drop the air as they build up as I run the engine backing in the door.
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
I have not seen a coach topping 13'. I am sure there are one or two out there. Everything I had and my buddy's own have been 12' to 12' 11".
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
13'2" American Eagle
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #50

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Our 03 is 11'10" if we unscrew the scanner antenia, our door opening is a hair under 12', talk about close!!! We wanted to trade up last year, dealer told that in 06 they were all made taller. Put a stop to our looking to upgrade. Kept what we have and did some remodeling instead. Saved ourselves a ton of $$$$.

Took out the carpet, installed Allure flooring, removed the overhead TV, removed the sleeper sofa and put in a leather reclining loveseat, took out the large double sink, had a new counter top made and a smaller sink installed to give more counterspace. Love, love love the improvements!!!
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #51

What are interstate over/under passes? I-10 & I-8 west of Phx in particular?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #52

Country Coach Owners Club
coach dimension

Our '04 Inspire with 11R22.5 tires (soon to be changed for a different size) is 12' 10" high.

Some of the bridges and fuel island structures look real close.
chuydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #53

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Outlaw Class A Toyhauler...just over 11 feet at the front, like many mid-range Class A's, but grows up to 13 feet at the rear, with Loft bed over the garage! LOVE IT!

2013 Outlaw Garage Motorhomes: Class A Toy Hauler RV by Thor Motor Coach
My Outlaw is a tad taller at 13'8" due to the sat dish, extra large vent covers, and an external WI-FI antenna mounted on the roof at the midline. Heck, I stuck a big orange "dummy" sticker on my dash as a reminder and made sure my GPS has a height warning for routing. Yea, it's a dash tall.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
My Outlaw is a tad taller at 13'8" due to the sat dish, extra large vent covers, and an external WI-FI antenna mounted on the roof at the midline. ...
Probably not really a huge issue but you should try to shave off a couple of inches if you can as you are over the maximum height allowed in many states (including Florida) and provinces. It's probably very unlikely to happen but if a police or DMV official wanted to be an a**, they could pull you off the road and impound you and force you to fix it before they let you on the road again.

Technically to drive it in Florida (and I suspect it's the same for many other states), you need to get an oversize permit for each trip (which you may not be able to get as it might only be available to commercial operators).
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelb View Post
Probably not really a huge issue but you should try to shave off a couple of inches if you can as you are over the maximum height allowed in many states (including Florida) and provinces. It's probably very unlikely to happen but if a police or DMV official wanted to be an a**, they could pull you off the road and impound you and force you to fix it before they let you on the road again.

Technically to drive it in Florida (and I suspect it's the same for many other states), you need to get an oversize permit for each trip (which you may not be able to get as it might only be available to commercial operators).
You are correct. 13'6" is DOT law. (without a permit as stated, and I also doubt you could get one for an rv) If you ever hit anything, (overpass, wires, etc, even if they were lower, say 13' ) that "could" lead to big trouble.
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
11'-10" high to the top of the penguin lo profile a/c's (with air fully dumped) 5" higher to the top of the spring loaded cb antenna.

I hold the air dump button (after dumping) and back her in on the frame thru an 11'-11.625" hi by 11'-11" wide over head door opening with 14' truss height inside.

Ride height raises appx 8-9" additional.
Yes I know it's close but have been doing it for 13yrs without incident.

The MH height is why we still have what we have.

Once in the 40 x 64 concrete floor pole barn it can be raised on the bags or leveled etc and can raise the TV antenna as well.