Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #1

How to access fresh water plumbing

I have a 2001 Georgie Boy that has a serious water leak when I pressurize the city intake. Also can not get any pressure from the water pump, it will run continuously with only air coming out of the faucets. It was fine before winter but not now. I must have not done a good enough job winterizing but that can be addressed later, for now I need to find out how to access the plumbing lines coming from the wet bay on the drivers side to the kitchen area on the passenger side. Water pours out from under the coach but there is a metal pan that covers most of the under belly of my coach. I am just now having the time to try and figure out how to get to the plumbing without tearing out my interior, surely this was not built with out the ability to access the plumbing without dismantling my interior structure. Can anyone give me some guidance ? Thanks, Pat.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Once the plumbing leaves the wet bay its going to be hard to see because its in the floor space between compartments and finished floor.
If you can see where the most water is coming out of the ceiling area of a compartment you may be lucky and find the brake location.
You do not know if its a hot line or cold line so if you can direct water flow through each separately it may cut down half the work looking for brake.
I would look for all expose plumbing pipe area's first even if it means taking off panels in a compartment to expose the pipes.
The problem with water it can travel far from brake so just be sure of what your doing, once you find and fix you can fill open area with the foam can insulation.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #3

On my 2005 Georgie Boy Landau I was able to take the top of my storage bays down. They were held up by Phillips screws. Not sure if you can see any water lines. To see my water tank I had to take down the covered pieces in front of the tanks.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Pat: I have a 2000 GeorgieBoy, although it's a Dp I think most of the construction is the same. All of the plumbing is accessible. My access to the grey and black tanks and the crossover plumbing is through a panel above the propane tank. Behind the LP tank compartment door, One plastic panel frames the opening for the LP tank, and after that is removed (screws) another panel above the tank opening gives access to the area between the floor and that sheet metal pan.
Access to the fresh water tanks is by removing the carpeted panels in the back of the storage compartments. I put clear plexiglas windows in those panels so I could see the tank levels. Also the lines behind the shower can be reached through the circular access that unscrews.
That raised shelf along the bathroom wall also removes for plumbing access.

A few years ago, I had the plastic fittings on the PEX water lines start to fail. Seems that chlorine makes them brittle and they crack..??-This may be your problem also. I was able to replace ALL the fittings with brass, and rebuilt the manifold in the water bay.
Of course the easy answer may be that one of your low point drains has been left open....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #5

If it leaks when you put city water to it and just blows air when you use your pump, it must be the line on the intake side of the pump. Maybe a winterizing valve left open. That would be too easy. Or the pump is cracked.
kb9tf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #6

Thanks to all that took the time to reply, the info will be helpful. I have found that the city water side is fine, no leaks at all. I am still trying to find the problem with the fresh water holding tank side of the system as that is where the problem lies. I will start again trying to find the leak as soon as the weather here allows, thunderstorms for the next three days ? The info you all provided will surely help. Thanks again, Pat.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
FW.pdf

Pat here is a diagram of my fresh water system. Hope it is similar.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #8

Hooligan, and all that responded, I was able to find and fix my leak with your help. I wasn't quite sure how to get started and with the help you all provided I was able to figure out how to access and then fix my leak. I also was able to to discover and then correct some issues I was not even aware of. Thanks to all, Pat.

Tags
fresh water, plumbing, water