Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #15

On a Foretravel...HWH.....as I understand it.....you can manually lower the coach and creep forward and it not go into travel height. I believe it’s something like 5 mph...anything faster and it airs up to travel height. We had ourcoach weighed and measured for height and it was 11’ 7” at it’s highest point.
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2018, 11:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKW View Post
I have an Itasca Ellipse that specs say is 12’10”. I had to stretch every inch out of the adjustment on my bi fold door to get 13’ opening. I then cut a 13’ pole to verify door height before entering very cautiously. I haven’t figured out a way to get an accurate measurement of the actual height of the coach with air up or down.
GKW,
While it is a bit on the "whooaaaanellly" side, the way we used verify fire truck actual total height was to grab a large, either piece of angle aluminum, oh, say 2" x 2" or 3" x 3" by about 8' or 10' long. Both are expensive just for a single time height check but, we had multiple fire engines to check when we were outfitting them for service. Or, maybe a 2"x4" x 8' or 10' long, as long as it's straight with no curves in any direction.

Now, let's say your roof air, presuming you have one (or two or three) is the highest point on the coach. You'll need maybe two people for this, we did. We also had a 10' high step ladder.

Now, all you do is this. One person on the roof of the coach and one on the ladder. Tape a 4' level to the edge of the 2" x 4" or, the inside angle of the aluminum. That way the level doesn't fall off and you break a $30 level, just trying to check height on your coach. Now, place one end of the 2x4 on the roof air and, the other end is handled by the other person who, also has a 16' tape measure. While the person on the ladder stabilizes himself, he holds the other end of the 2x4 up to the point the level bubble shows dead level.

At that point, he picks up the tape measure which, has already been extended and LOCKED at about the 12' mark. While holding that 2x4 and, guiding the tape against the side of the 2x4 and watching and feeling the tip of the tape touch the ground, he reads the tape at the BOTTOM edge of the 2x4. Now, you have the EXACT height of your coach, based on the fact that the A/C unit is the highest point.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #17

on our ALFA the switch for lower bags and raise is on left of steering wheel at bottom of dash . so I can air up tanks and not bags, like when ya need to fill some tubes or any other reason. but alarm does sound when in gear.. im sure they could be added

Tags
air