Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #15

The 1987 Holiday Rambler is a P-30 RV if that makes any difference...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #16

Any ideas on how to see under the brake pedal to where the switches would be located?
Virtually impossible to see up there or feel anything up there. Can't view from the top either.

I will check to see if a vacuum takes place at the servo today.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #17

It is a pain.

You can blind reach up and follow the arm and feel for a box with wires attached as well as a hose.

These usually are low fail so start from servo end.

You can fide a different vacuum source to use and bypass factory one for testing.

A harbor freight inspection camera is handy for looking in bad places too.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:05 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennj3cub View Post
The 1987 Holiday Rambler is a P-30 RV if that makes any difference...
The chassis is a P30 series. It is actually a P32 chassis. It may be labeled a P30 or P32. Chevy made a P31 and a P32 chassis. The were designated a P30 series chassis. The P31 was discontinued years ago. ( I believe it was a military chassis, but don't hold me to that.)
Old 12-25-2015, 05:52 PM   #19

I pulled the servo loose today, found a couple of wires up front of it and two others near the back end (that has the wire to the throttle). Did not find anything that looked wrong.
The vacuum hose (the larger ones) have a good vacuum on them. Even holds vacuum after turning off the engine.
I can pull the cable from the throttle to the servo, it is free to move inside of the servo.
Don't know where to go from here?

Very difficult to get my hands on those wires but do I need to check them for power while the cruse switch is on. I don't think the cruse will engage if not driving down the road??
Best to you,

Glenn
Old 12-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #20

You have checked the obvious.

It will not act until about 25 mph.

You need to get a copy of a chassis manual next as it should have a wiring diagram that will greatly help.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #21

Little update, the information in the book states it is not a factory installed but is installed aftermarket.
Not much else I could find other than it does not engage until speed of 35 MPH.

I need new batteries for my scope so maybe tomorrow I can look at it all better!
Old 12-27-2015, 06:23 AM   #22

I have the same problem (no cruise control) on my new-to-me '98 Fleetwood Flair with the 454 Chevy (entry-level 30 footer). I haven't started on this problem yet because of the updates I have been doing since I bought it in 6/15. Seemed low priority because the DW wanted On-Demand Hot Water, Wi-Fi Antenna, Booster, and Router and I wanted the Electrical Management System (to protect the electronics). It was also in the shop for shocks and front air-bags for way over a month (waiting on parts?). So, if the weather holds, the cruise is next and I will post what I find. It may be something simple, but I'm thinking it has to do with the dingy braking set-up. This wiring nightmare is similar to the TV/Sat/Ant wiring that looked like a big plastic-coated worn out pot scrubber. When the guy I bought this from removed what he wanted to keep, nothing was labeled- being an RV rookie, I didn't know that I was entering wiring hell. I was just glad to find a MH the DW would look at. Ya live and ya learn! $8K over budget and have not camped yet. I could live at the Holiday Inn cheaper! Happy Holidays!
Old 12-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #23

Sorry you are having all these issues...
I will be gone a bit this week, got to work some!

Hope to get this cruse issue fixed soon.

Glenn

Tags
cruise control