Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
Huuum...? silver & blue? what part number?

These numbers are taken from Winnebago official specs. The numbers in italic are rough estimation.
go weigh it .. you'll save time and know...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Tire pressure ought to be a science, but it's mostly beer talk; because we all have our opinions that don't mean squat until the rubber meets the road.

What others have said is true. Reduce by 5 lbs at a time if you can't get to a scales.
Don't worry about your weight from the book as much as how the ride feels. Try 20-mile trips over the same roads in order to see what you like...and what your coach likes.
Thanks for the advise... I may change my mind about the byke rack altogether.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #31

Front tracbar

If anyone knows, Is there a front tracbar on the 26HE?
I took this shot from underneath my rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	86978  
Old 02-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #32

Thanks bamaboy
Old 02-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #33

Quote:
If anyone knows, Is there a front tracbar on the 26HE?
I took this shot from underneath my rig.
that's it.... you don't need any bars... watch the videos...

with my trailer hooked on, truckers would try to take the wind off my rig to make it sway....I'd llet them pass..... them pass them back up... I'd get so far ahead off them they couldn't reach me with a cb

the thing would jump right up to 85 and cruise
Old 02-24-2015, 06:58 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Thanks bamaboy

This thread reminds me of the time I got the new lawn mower and it died after a few cuts. Diagnosed the heck out of it and got nowhere except for lots of tools on the ground and pulled my shoulder from trying to start it, until DW came out of the house (bringing my 3rd beer) and asked, " Is there any gas in the tank?".

Simple fixes. Some times we tend to complicate dirt.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
This thread reminds me of the time I got the new lawn mower and it died after a few cuts. Diagnosed the heck out of it and got nowhere except for lots of tools on the ground and pulled my shoulder from trying to start it, until DW came out of the house (bringing my 3rd beer) and asked, " Is there any gas in the tank?".

Simple fixes. Some times we tend to complicate dirt.
let me see if I can explain this little motorhome...
did you watch any of the videos...baddest motorhome on the road,,,

here's the deal... it only has 158'' wheel base... any little thing cause them to sway... ford puts super stiff valved shocks to stop the sway...
the next thing is the tires..if you try to soften the ride with tire pressure ... you get tire bounce and sideway flex.... dangerous.....

see there ... it's that easy... fix whats wrong first... the shocks...
Old 02-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #36

Quote:
Huuum...? silver & blue? what part number?

These numbers are taken from Winnebago official specs. The numbers in italic are rough estimation.
Bilstein has come out with new MH shocks that are silver with a blue top. Supposed to be much improved over the yellow ones.

Bilstein, Innovation and High Quality Since 1873
Old 02-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by aauummm View Post
Bilstein has come out with new MH shocks that are silver with a blue top. Supposed to be much improved over the yellow ones.

Bilstein, Innovation and High Quality Since 1873
thanks Buddy, I was try'n to find the numbers
Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #38

Old 02-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #39

Thanks for all the input.

To resume what's been said about MH in general AND about my 26HE in particular:

- It is futile to try to re-balance the rig by shifting weight to the front axel.
- The chassis is not stable as it is, even with the OEM front tracbar and swaybar
- Air spings / Sumo springs would increase stability (in my opinion, it adds firmess to the ride but most likely reduce seat comfort... unless shocks and springs are replaced by softer ones)

So here's my plan:

- It is imperative to find the best compromise for tire pressure, starting high and decreasing by 5psi steps down to where I find most confort without sacrifying stability and security
- I will do the McKinley Cheap Handling Fix, in front first
- I have to find the most suitable shocks for MY rig. Problem is, the more information I gather, the more confused I get
Old 02-25-2015, 01:11 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

- It is futile to try to re-balance the rig by shifting weight to the front axel.
- The chassis is not stable as it is, even with the OEM front tracbar and swaybar
- Air spings / Sumo springs would increase stability (in my opinion, it adds firmess to the ride but most likely reduce seat comfort... unless shocks and springs are replaced by softer ones)

So here's my plan:

- It is imperative to find the best compromise for tire pressure, starting high and decreasing by 5psi steps down to where I find most confort without sacrifying stability and security
- I have to find the most suitable shocks for MY rig. Problem is, the more information I gather, the more confused I get
IMO, the first order of business is to load the rig (cargo, water, gasoline, and people) and get it properly 4-corner weighed. Once you know the actual weights, you can proceed with the tire inflation adjustment.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:09 AM   #41

Quote:

So here's my plan:

watch my videos and see the difference...in all the videos I am holding the camera..so 1 hand driving at 65/70 mph...

I ve had your motor home... just putting the sumos on front will fix the problem...sumos work better than air bags because of the up travel resistance.. so they stop body roll... air bags cause it...

I took the time to try different shocks... I even ran with out them ... with just the sumo's ... the sumos make a softer ride...lessen the fatigue of driving...
Old 02-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #42

The part I find unbelievable is that someone thinks it is ok to drive a motorhome down a highway one handed with a camera in their face and talk about safety .

Tags
weight, tow