Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #1

how to program keyless remote

Hi..we just bought a motorhome that needs a new keyless remote programmed. Does anyone have an Idea how to do it? I found the unit under the dash and the button with the light, but can't seem to figure out how to program the new remote. thank for any help, Joe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #2

If I recall you press and hold the button on the dash unit until the light stays on. Then press the button on the remote, making sure the light blinks. Then let off remote button and wait for the light to go out, test remote.

If you have more then one remote you must do them both back to back when the light is on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #3

thanks you for getting back to me..I have tried holding the button down (when the coach is in the unlock mode) but the light does not come on. Whe the coach is in the locked mode (light flashes) I tried holding it down but it does nothing either...I'm sure there is a really easy secret that I have not hit upon yet...any ideas are welcome...thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have posted info on programing the keyless remote, but I can't remember the exact sequence. It also has to do with turning the key off/on. Do a search on "keyless Remotes" and you should find several previous fixes/posts.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #5

iRV2 No Limits Club
I recently found the instructions on the web for a Ford by searching for key-less remote replacements.

It involved the ignition switch and the remote interacting until the doors locked.

I can't find the saved link at the moment. I think it is on the laptop.

Some other brands require the dealer to program the remote.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had time, so I looked up the post that I commented on, about re-programing a keyess entry remote. The info, was posted on 2/12/12, by "Bdmbounder", There, you should find all you need to know about reprograming your remote. As a matter of fact, I now have to reprogram my remotes....again!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Oh, I forgot. The title of the post on 2/12/12, is "Keyless entry on a Discovery". Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Let me know if you still need help. I think I can find my instructions.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #9

Thank you all for the info. I do honors for Vets and have a funeral today, but as soon as I get home I will be trying this...Keep your fingers crossed!! and I will update...
Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #10

Hi you all!! This the better half, Debbie. I tried to program the remote (turn ign. to on, depress the black button 3 times) but the led did not come on. The unit is set up just to open the rear motorhome door and the trunk at the same time. Does this make a difference??
thanks for all the help.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #11

It is not wired to the drivers door or the passenger door is what I meant to say...just the back of the coach...
Old 01-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #12

ok.."UNCLE" we are stumpped. We can't seem to get the unit to go into program mode. I took the dash apart and fount the unit with the black button and red light. We have tied all possible combinations of the key, push button, no key, push button that we could find with no success. We cannot seem to get it to go into program mode.
Thank you all for suggestions...not sure where we will go from here...
Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check to see if you can get a mfg phone number or if there is a web site for the manufacturer and see if they offer any support.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #14

Update: ok, it turns out the wire that was suppose to go to the ignition was not connected (+12v) so I took the 12v from the lighter and got the unit to go into program mode (YEAH!!!) I programmed the spare remote but could not get it to hold the programming. I am a little further though...