Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
Sevin?? Wife and I already have/had cancer and my neighbors have young children who eat the eggs. Never mind the fact that we're are all on wells here.
Hence my
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Many of the suggested solutions will be toxic to pets.

We were recently overrun with ants so at the suggestion of another RV friend I bought and distributed some of these around the coach. 24 hours later, no ants. 10 days later, still no ants.
I use the gel in the camper. (linked in my previous post) Easier to get to somewhere the ants are but not have it stepped on or tipped over. I was continually stepping on the round ant baits cause they were coming in near the door and showing up nowhere else besides counters.

I think it all depends on the ants. Some have been a bear to get rid of.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #31

Maybe the solution would be to put the bait from the tube onto leaves found at the camp site and put them next to the wheels and jacks when setting up. That way you don't have to worry about them coming in and not having to pick them back up.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
If ants cannot cross a line of grease, that may be the best solution for me. I could mark where my tires and jacks are then drive away then put a line of grease around the 8 points then back up into the circles. No that won't work -- my tires would mess up the grease lines. I give up !!! The ants win
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:42 PM   #33

Was told borax works wonders on ants ,been there done that and so far so good. Hope it helps ya
titan85rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:28 AM   #34

Is Borax a soap? I havent heard of it since the 20 mule team Borax sponsored TV show many years ago. 1950s I think.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #35

Since putting down one spot of Terro liquid ant bait, no more ants. Those tiny ants really got on my nerves with how they were able to get into everything.

Stayed at a couple campgrounds with ants on the ground but none in the camper. The problem is when it was at home. I did put a box of borax in the coach just in case.

Yes it is a laundry aid. Ive used it for getting sheets and undershirts fresh. It isn't the same as boric acid.

Tags
class a