Reporting back with good news. Wasn't able to work on it until this morning, but repair went well. For ease of repair, I removed the mount from the roller on the other side and laid the door flat on the bead to repair. Good thing I did as the other side was working loose. Difficult to believe that it was such a shoddy installation. The door on the top end is basically a hollow core metal frame on the upper end with matching paneling covering the frame and some sort of lower solid material or additional cross brace. Very thin, short sheet metal screws were used to attach the mount to the door and they were not large diameter enough to bite into the aluminum frame. I replaced all the screws with larger and longer that would bite into the frame and what ever the material was below the hollow space just over an inch below the frame.
Thanks again to all for the help.
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers (Sandy & Sassy)
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF, Retired, Life Member: VSPA, DVA, VVA, VFW