Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #15

The NADA guide is close to what he's thinking but I'm not there with the market the way it is.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
We have no Model info. so as to look this unit up......what kind of number did you come up with? On NADA......
Then, search the internet and try and see what simular models are going for, then you can get a starting point....
Old 01-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #17

Ball park $230K but I don't have all the equipment known all I know is he says its loaded.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:07 PM   #18

Really.... I think if you want to help your friend would be to get as much information on the MH as you can. Model Number Options and see if your friend has all the files and information on the coach, that way you could at least get a lot more information on it... then Post that information here.. there are alot of folks here on this Forum that spend alot of time looking at Motorhomes, prices and details.. I'm sure someone here could get fairly close for you. If you have any way to take pictures of the unit inside and out that would be great help as well. It sounds like you may have a little time so the more information you can dig up the easier it will be to help put an honest price on it. By all means, the more detail you can provide the closer you will get to a price... and who knows perhaps a buyer!
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:41 PM   #19

Also ask the owners to create a diary of sorts.

Service records are great but general history of the unit may be a bonus.

We are 3rd owner of ours...po did not use it and we have names of original owner but not able to locate them.

We did find what we think is the online listing with photo but not much there.

Some buyers may want more information and it may make the sale easier and your role easier as the document may answer many possible questions.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #20

Today I received my monthly PassPort America information email. One of the articles talked about how new MH sales were rising due to low cost of fuel, and the price of used MH's would be declining because of the increasing sales of new units.
Anyway, personally I would sell on consignment, like PPl motorhomes or similar company with a good reputation.
We bought our MH on consignment at a Camping World for a fair price for both parties. The owner had been ill for years. When he decided to sell he contracted with CW, they went to his house to sign paperwork and get the MH.
One downside is, if the MH requires safety-related repairs, the selling owner must foot the repair bills.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #21

Try ppl in Texas , they will give you an estimate then if you agree take it on consignment , huge company .
Worth looking at
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:26 PM   #22

Rvt.com or the classifieds on irv2
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 10:58 PM   #23
R&J

Monaco Owners Club
Here one for sale
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 43 FST, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale in Orlando, Florida | Robin Mccracken | RVT.com - 108188
R&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:17 AM   #24

Thanks folks! This posting was just to get an idea of what I may be faced with in the near future. I do know he has all the paperwork, manuals, records etc in the MH I just don't have access right now as I am a 9 hr drive away. Lots of good ideas and help It is appreciated.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
CRAIGSLIST...

OK...perhaps my situation was unusual but I got more propositions with pictures from pretty girls in scant clothes looking for a "date" than lookers...BY FAR!
I've bought and sold so much on Craig's list. The problem with selling a used Camper is people getting financing for it. Banks won't hardly lend to someone buying it from an individual but will get financing from a dealer. So the dealer makes money off financing as well as the coach. Not real fair now is it?
Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #26

The situation and circumstances are respectfully unfortunate. We just sold our HR Navigator yesterday. PM me and I'll explain our expectations, experiences, effort, and perhaps some recommendations for selling it now and/or later....
wsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #27

If the coach has not been used much for a couple of years a good bow to stern detailing may be in order for the inside and outside. make sure you have all the service records and the service of the coach is up to date. Service any fluid system you may have. Know the history of the tires, ie: are they less than 5 years old or older than 7 years old?. You will be asked many questions about the coach and if you have the answers right off it may lead to asking about the price. Check out a good consignment lot. They may be able to bring your coach up to top notch appearance (but at a price). And it will relieve you of all the day to day hassle. After rereading the other posters I see that they have covered what I've posted above. Sorry and good luck. Toney
bumpus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #28

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Two other sites for selling are rvt.com and rvonline.com.

Plus, here's the NADA url for 2007 Navigators select the model and hit continue twice. Most MHs I see selling are going for 10 to 15% less then the low retail price which I'm told by a dealer is still above wholesale.

2007 Holiday Rambler Price, 2007 Holiday Rambler Values & 2007 Holiday Rambler Specs | NADAguides
mossrocker is offline   Reply With Quote