Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #29
Forest River Owners Club
I sold my previous MH by parking it in a highly traveled area with a list of all it's particulars, asking price and my cell number posted on the windshield.... I had abt 20 interested parties ck it out and ended up selling it for exactly my asking price... Took about 8 days in total....

Buyer wanted to write me a check so we went to my bank and had the funds transferred from his account directly into mine ... Once that was completed to my banks satisfaction, I signed over the title and handed over the keys....

I then went on the search for my next rig - the Berkshire that we now have...

ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #30
Forest River Owners Club
In addition, I went to Kelly Blue Book and plugged in all appropriate info and came up with a starting point for pricing mine....

ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #31
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Buyers perspective

Hope this isn't off topic so here goes. Just a suggestion from a potential buyer that has spent years watching coaches and pricing them, waiting to be ready when I list my S&B for sale.

When using NADA or KBB please don't insult the buyer's intelligence by suggesting that every option is worth an additional add on. When using those pricing guidelines the lead in paragraph tells you that only the options that were options for the specific coach should be used to add value. Most of you know, or can acquire from the MH manufacturer, a list of options installed on your coach. Be honest in computing the value you wish to ask for your product. May not be what you wish you could get, but may actually be closer to the amount you should expect.

Not just private parties that do this. I probably see many dealers who should know better try it all the time.

Have a wonderful day!
Ken (RVM 87)
FT DP Wanna B The journey is the destination!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #32
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
I would suggest putting a large "For Sale" sign in the back window. Put price on it and phone number.
Think they stopped putting back window's in coaches 25yrs ago !!
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #33
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Extreme interest + price = Sale
The above formula works for anything that is for sale........
As the old saying goes....."There is a "Butt for every seat" , you just have to find the butt that fits the seat you are selling...........
Im in the process of selling my 93 Pace Arrow Diesel. I'll have to remember that!

mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #34

Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Think they stopped putting back window's in coaches 25yrs ago !!
We have a back window in our 2013. Admittedly not a high end coach, but it is a Class A.

Connie, Lisa, and Pepper (rescue puppy). Our blog: arizonalizards.com or bird photography: zenfolio.com/arizonabirder
Newmar Dutch Star 4041 2016
Arizona Lizards is offline   Reply With Quote