Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2015, 06:34 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to wingman139
How to take take down a light and dark shade

I have a 2006 winnebago Itasca. And I'M trying to replace the cord in the shade. But I don't know how to det the shade out. Can anyone help me out?
wingman139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2015, 07:16 AM   #2

Rexhall Owners Group
Check out : Fixmyblinds.com for lots of parts and information.
Bob
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #3
Community Administrator

They are normally screwed to the valance at the top. Separate the pleated there and you'll see two -three screws.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just took one of mine down and they were not held up with normal brackets, just 3 screws through the top piece like CliffAll said.
legryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #5

Funny thing when I first glanced the topic, I thought it said, (how to take down a light pole.)LOL Sorry...

If the shade is the (V) blind type, there should be a button in the bottom at each end just where the string ends.

These bottom buttons (one on each end ) hold the string in that draws the blind up. you can pluck the buttons out with a flat blade screwdriver.

If you are referring to the top of these blinds, the cap at the end of each side slides out towards the inside, then the whole blind can be removed.

Its much easier to pull the blind up just past the half way point before you try to remove them. This way you don't have the full length swinging around as you pull it down.

I hope this helps, good luck
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #6

Mine were screwed through the valence into the overhead cabinets. The screws were behind the drop down shade, so I had to hold the shade up out of the way and get my head and screwdriver up there. Also the shades were snapped into a clip in the center. Once the screws are out you have to roll the top out toward you.
I found instructions for restringing the shade on line.

Good luck and have fun.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #7

They are usually attached with either clips that are screwed into the valance then the blinds attach to the clips or screwed to valances directly through the blind header. If you look closely at the rear of the blind header you may see a small metal piece a few inches from each end and one possibly near the middle. You will need a thin blade screwdriver to get between the header and the clip to release it. Once you get it down you will see to remount it you will need to get the forward edge in position on the clip and then roll the blind back to snap it in.
You have to see it to make it clear. If there are no clips then carefully pull the blind down away from the header and look for several screws. If possible it might be easier to remove the valances. I had a combination of all these when doing ours.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If it doesn't have clips (mine didn't) there are phillips head screws.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
No clips here either

Ditto on the no clips, mine are just screwed into the valance, some of the were easier to remove the valance and then get to the screws in the blinds.

Be patient restringing, we had to do several and I swear it took 5 times longer to do the first one than to do the other four!! Learning curve and "screwy" instructions
trode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light