Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
RDB

How to use air dump

I just purchased a 2001 Holiday Rambler 40 ft Endeavor with a 330 HP
Cat, and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me how to use the air dump,
it has a switch on the dash but I can't get any response from it. Maybe
there is a proper way to dump the air that so far I have not been able
to figure out.

Thanks, Roger
rbolton45@hotmail.com

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Turn the ignition to accessory mode, press and hold the switch. It'll dump, but slowly - one to two minutes to drop to 60psi from the 120-130 you'll probably start from.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
With my 39' Fleetwood, I just turn the key/engine off and "flip the switch". I then feel the coach, slowly settle down. It will drop about 6 or 8 inches and it's done. If it didn't do that, I would think that something was wrong witht he switch.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I should have added......DO NOT PUT YOUR JACKS DOWN, BEFORE DUMPING YOUR AIR!! If you do, you could very well damage one or more of your jacks! Ask me how I know?
Old 12-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #5

On your Roadmaster you will have to have the key on and hold the button/switch down for the dump to take place. If you let go of the button/switch it will stop. Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #6

I have a 1999 Endeavor, and I feel your pain. Here is what I finally had to do, seems crazy, but here it is. Turn engine off, turn key to assy, turn on jacks, place short levers from stor to operate, ( but do not lower coach) and then press and hold air dump switch. The manual states a different sequence and on my coach it would not lower. Could have possibily been worked on or changed over the years. Hope this helps.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #7

I've found with my 2004 Endeavor that if I pump the brake as I hold down the switch it dumps the air much faster.

Mike
Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 PM   #8

Edit my post to read ( do not lower JACKS )
Old 12-21-2010, 06:47 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe this is a dumb question, I don't know, but why does the air need to be dumped?

In any case I was told by the dealer when the levelers are activated the system automatically dumps the air. I can say this, when I just activate the automatic levelers the coach levels itself very easily and it does so in short order. One time I hit the dump switch first and let it settle. I then hit the auto levelers and it had a heck of a time getting the rig level.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When I activate the levelers the system automatically dumps air first, and it's quite obvious that it is doing so, then the jacks will activate. The process reverses when I hit 'retract'. Clearly, from other posts in this and other threads, the process has changed over the years and may be diffenent depending on the chassis you have.

The only 'manual' dump I have is to dump air in the tag for tight manuevering, but I've not been able to get it to work (it will dump automatically if the trans is put into reverse). Not sure if it's operator error or a system problem. We didn't have much time to use the rig before it got put away for the winter.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote