Humming from under RV
We're stumped and need help/advice of this is something or we're overreacting.
I have a 1994 Firan Raven RV. Nothing on the hitch. My engine battery has been dead for awhile and I was using the house batteries to start the rig.
I just replaced the battery this morning and drove a few hours. We stopped for fuel (filled); dumped; and filled with some water.
We parked the RV, added oil to the cooled generator, oil to the engine.
When we started up again hubby heard an electrical sound coming from outside, under the rear area of the RV.
I crawled under to pinpoint the origin of the sound.
So far we've determined:
- Only happens when engine is running.
- Does not happen with generator only.
- Sound appears to be coming from above the gas tank, definitely outside and underneath and not in a compartment or inside.
- Sound is near converter, fridge and hot water heater, but the sound is not at those units or their outside vents.
- Fridge, that has been working perfectly now has power (lights on), but will not light up gas or propane on Auto; and nothing if Auto is off.
- Sound is near rear axel, but appears to be more above suspended tank
Maybe something back there that now has new power because of new battery?
Thank you for your minutes.
Hiya! I'm Lorelei and I'm renovating a 1994 Firan Raven for FT living. 24k Miles; Chevy P30 7.4L (Gas) engine. Renovation blog here: http://rvrenovation.wordpress.com