Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #1

Hurricane 32

My wife and I are waiting for the delivery of our new 32 Hurricane. I know it is a entry level motorHome but we liked the floor design for us and it was in our price point. However after reading some of the post's for The quality of Thor products we are nervous. If there are any Hurricane owners out there I would like to hear your experiences with your Hurricane.
N1golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #2

All you can do is wait and pray you get a good one! Demand the dealer fix everything before delivery. (try to stay a few nights on the dealers lot) Good Luck.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #3

I have a 15 year old Hurricane that I bought used (3rd owner) 3 years ago. Like the floor plan, like the fact it has no slides, like the size. All appliances work as they should, chassis (Chevy) is fine. I have had two issues with the engine but at 15 years too be expected. Rubber roof is in decent shape for as much exposure to the elements it has received. I have looked at several newer versions of what we currently have and many improvements have been made. They quit making this model several years back but if they still made it, I'd buy it.

What I don't like, and again they may have improved, is the quality of the cabinetry especially the drawer slides and more importantly (in some cases) what the slides attach to in the back of the cabinet. Another thing is I don't like the location of the 110v outlets in that they are all under cabinets and not convenient for some appliances as they typically have short cords. But this may not be the case in your new 32.

What I dislike outside are the cubby hole storage bins, but these are common now. Many of them are too small to be useful.

I have read many of the same threads you have I suspect and some will scare you. Take extra time inspecting every nook and cranny for defects, document, have fixed. Check the operation of every door, drawer, cabinet, sofa bed, appliance. Make sure you know how everything works before you drive off.

Best of luck

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:43 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had a 2014 32A, liked the floor plan, but after many problems got rid of it. Things to look for before taking delivery are as follows: make sure the front smoke alarm is fasten to the ceiling correctly, check the lights to make sure they are installed correctly and are not crooked, the air mattress doesn't leak, the water heater works on both gas and electric if it has both, the outside tv works. Had issues with what I listed and other things I've forgotten about. The one thing we never had a problem with was the slideouts, guess what I'm trying to say is go over it with a fine tooth comb, don't let them hurry you, if possible do this before singing any papers. Good luck and hope you have many care free miles in the coach.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:55 PM   #5

Bought a used 2010 Hurricane 33 last year with 13K miles. So far have put about 12K on it with only minor problems which I attribute to previous owners lack of use and storage. All repairs have been minor (mainly cabinitry and trim). Love the floor plan, love the rig.
Camper365 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane