Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #1

HWH...1 jack acting funny.

Perfect timing! haha

So I have HWH swing down style jacks (joystick controls) on my 36ft Damon. There always worked ok, although the joysticks always seemed loose, and I even had one come off in my hand (they're touchy too, as if there's a short in the controller). Anyway, they have been relatively trouble free, but other day the front driver's side jack came down, wouldn't go back up, nor would the cylinder retract. After getting under it and giving it a little love tap, it finally went up (and further up than normal). Now it won't come down. What's up with it? I've browsed the forum, but the problems I've found aren't quite like mine.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #2

Simplicity at it's best.. the HWH 200 series! I wish that system was used on all RVs.. well, at least the straight acting jacks, not the flip up kind. Back to your question... It's most likely time to replace or rebuild that cylinder. However, to verify this, cycle the levelers again. Make sure the other 3 are up all the way. Shut the system off. At the cylinder that won't retract crawl under with some tools and remove the hydraulic line at the top of that cylinder. IF the cylinder then retracts quickly on it's own spring tension then it's a problem in the valve/controls up there on the floor. IF the cylinder does not retract quickly and easily, repair or replace that cylinder.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #3

It started working again...seemed a little sticky though, so I lubricated everything up. We'll see, but I think we're back in business! (knock on wood). thanks for the reply though!
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote