Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #1

HWH 210 Jack Problem

Started to lower jacks on my motor home but the jacks stopped part way down. The lights were on in the panel. Checked fuses but none were blown. I finally crossed the solenoid on the pump over and wife ran the joy stick and the jacks went down. Thinking it was a bad solenoid, I put a new 12 volt car solenoid on it but that didn't help so I put the original solenoid back on. When bench testing the solenoid it showed continuity through the 2 small pins on the original solenoid. When I checked the continuity on the new 12 volt one it isn't going through it. So, is it a solenoid problem? I would think a solenoid is a solenoid, right? I downloaded a trouble shoooting manual for the HWH 210 but still haven't found the problem. The exciter wire on the solenoid is not showing any juice going through it. I tested it with a test light but is that a proper way to test it? It wouldn't light up the test light. I called HWH but got a woman that said someone would call me back in 3-4 weeks! Anyone else had this problem?
Rver in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #2

The solenoid may not have been correct for your application .
Even on Fords ; where most of the similar solenoids originated ; the pieces don't interchange year to year.
If the hot ( exciter ) lead to the solenoid has no power; and a test light should be fine for that test; you have to trace that circuit to it's source.
Is your system wired to work with the ignition in the accessory position ?
Could be a bad ignition switch or a fuse in that circuit that you haven't found yet.
Do you have a volt/ohm meter ?
I think that most of the techs at HWH's help line are on summer vacation, in the winter you can get a call back in a day.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Commercial Member

have you checked that power is coming from the joystick control. remove the top panel on the joystick. use a pencil eraser to clean the contact points down at the ring contact inside. also clean the contacts where the three small springs touch the circuit board on the control. straighten the three springs so they are straight. if they are bent over, they will not make good contact.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #4

We purchased a '99 residency class a motorhome made by Thor. We have not been able to get the Level Best 2000 hydraulic jacks made by Kwikee to even attempt to lower. We have had it to numerous mechanics for diagnosis and they seem to think it is the control module. The problem is that Power gear took over the Kwikee jacks and only wish to sell a whole new conversion kit to the tune of $1100.- $1400. In doing so we would have to have the whole jack system rewired to the price of $150. per hr taking about 10hrs. We would like to find an original Level Best 2000 control modules part #9691800 (right on the part itself) It is the module that is under the hood and has 5 set of wires coming out of it and wires right to the pump. Can someone help us? There is no movement from the jacks, no motor noise, nothing, I would imagine all mechanics would have checked the solenoid.
tuckerins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerins View Post
We purchased a '99 residency class a motorhome made by Thor. We have not been able to get the Level Best 2000 hydraulic jacks made by Kwikee to even attempt to lower. We have had it to numerous mechanics for diagnosis and they seem to think it is the control module. The problem is that Power gear took over the Kwikee jacks and only wish to sell a whole new conversion kit to the tune of $1100.- $1400. In doing so we would have to have the whole jack system rewired to the price of $150. per hr taking about 10hrs. We would like to find an original Level Best 2000 control modules part #9691800 (right on the part itself) It is the module that is under the hood and has 5 set of wires coming out of it and wires right to the pump. Can someone help us? There is no movement from the jacks, no motor noise, nothing, I would imagine all mechanics would have checked the solenoid.
Tuckerins; Welcome to iRV2. for the parts your looking for I think you would be better off starting your own post, as most members viewing this post will only have HWH systems. You could start the post in " Class A discussion " or " RV Systems & Appliances" . "Looking for Level Best Controller " for the most views and help.

Tags
hwh