Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
HWH 225 Leveling System

The 2002 Damon I just purchased has this leveling system.
When I first turned it "on" the led closest to the driver's seat lit,
indicating to me that it thought the passenger side of the coach was "low".
This struck me as strange, since the driver's side of the MH was actually the lowest (due to the slope of my driveway).
When I rolled under the chassis to look at the sensing unit I observed a decal on the unit that said "REAR (with an arrow) and "this side UP".
This makes me think the sensor unit is installed upside-down.

What am I missing here ?

thanks, al
dapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
sounds like you found the problem.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #3

On my 4Winds Windsport POS 2006, my level sensing unit was upside down and backwards, such as yours is. I took it down, turned it the right way, and leveled it all out. It works the right way now. Must have been the same idiot putting those units on.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Thanks for the comments... I'll get my hands on a small level (that will fit inside the freezer) and see about finding a decent adjustment procedure for the sensor module.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapiglet View Post
Thanks for the comments... I'll get my hands on a small level (that will fit inside the freezer) and see about finding a decent adjustment procedure for the sensor module.
I used 2 levels. One long one down the floor length and a short one across. Turned the level unit the right way. I had to get a second person to watch the lights on the panel as the 3 screws really didn't need to be turned very much to make the lights go on and off. I tried it alone for hours until I got help. In the end, the lights on the panel are not that accurate but at least they go out when I have it level. I mounted one of these Hopkins Cross-check RV Level $4.49 levels right on the floor by the panel which is more accurate.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
On my 4Winds Windsport POS 2006, my level sensing unit was upside down and backwards, such as yours is. I took it down, turned it the right way, and leveled it all out. It works the right way now. Must have been the same idiot putting those units on.
You have to wonder how many other items in building these coaches are installed wrong. Must be rocket science for some of those bubbas
Old 04-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
You have to wonder how many other items in building these coaches are installed wrong. Must be rocket science for some of those bubbas
Well, lets see. They put my electric awning controller above the fridge-on the outside. The only way to get to it and it's bypass switch was to go on the roof, remove the fridge vent cover, and then mess with it. Screws drilled into nothing. Slideout electrical service is an extension cord they just ran down the rail and then into the slide. I can go on and on regarding material and worker quality issues. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #8

Can we say- " I rest my case" ? Sometimes we have to re-engineer the stupid blunders of the factory. How they stayed in business for so long is beyond my comprehension. Maybe shoddiness caught up with them.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I just found my manual release on my levelers is mounted right beside the pump under the motorhome. It would require me to go under the coach to retract them if the power ever quit working. I dont think I would feel good under the 28000# unit while it was comming down
97windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Too funny guys..... your screw-ups beat mine !
The only other issue I found was that the bathroom sink drain wasn't long enough to reach into the S-trap, so they just kinda centered the S-trap under the drain pipe and left it at that..... if ya looked real close you could see they were not touching.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapiglet View Post
Too funny guys..... your screw-ups beat mine !
The only other issue I found was that the bathroom sink drain wasn't long enough to reach into the S-trap, so they just kinda centered the S-trap under the drain pipe and left it at that..... if ya looked real close you could see they were not touching.
and the beat goes on~