Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2014, 08:53 AM   #15
Commercial Member

noserider, you can call me anytime. i work for hwh. i can answer your question. with the engine running, the system is allowed to time out, and shut off. if you dont shut the engine down again, the jack alarm is prevented from going off if one of the jacks extends while traveling because of heat accumulation. my cell is 602-549-3638. anyone else that has a diagnostic question is also welcome to call. it will be answered right away, or leave me a message and ill call back at least the same day.
paul maddox

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
noserider, you can call me anytime. i work for hwh. i can answer your question. with the engine running, the system is allowed to time out, and shut off. if you dont shut the engine down again, the jack alarm is prevented from going off if one of the jacks extends while traveling because of heat accumulation. my cell is 602-549-3638. anyone else that has a diagnostic question is also welcome to call. it will be answered right away, or leave me a message and ill call back at least the same day.
paul maddox
Paul

Thanks for the reply and generous offer of your time to answer questions. Great answer by the way

noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
paul maddox
OK your answer has me confused. What do you mean with the engine running the sytem is allowed to time out. Are you saying that the jacks have a input from the computer telling them the engine is running. How do the jacks know whether the power is coming from the on side or the accessory side of the ignition. I retract mine with or without the engine running depending on how long I have been parked. If more than a day or two I start my engine and let it have some warm up time before driving. I don't see any difference in the timing out whether the engine is running or not. Basically since all you do when you retract the jacks is to energize a solenoid you are not talking about a heavy current draw. Personally I would rather not have the key in the ignition position so I do not have to listen to the alarm.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #18

I believe what Paul is saying about timing out is with the engine running the system shuts itself off automatically when the retract cycle is complete. This would imply that indeed there is some computer logic when done this way that prevents the system alarm from sounding in the scenario he described. Maybe Paul will expound on this.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #19
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I found the HWH system will time out with the engine not running,which I let do, before starting the engine..
Have never tried it with engine running because of the loud alarm sounding off because of all jacks down.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #20
Commercial Member

gemini, in the service manual, there is a section that describes the time out function. the shut off time is the same either way. key in acc or on position.
the jacks can be retracted any way you wish. many run their engine to build up air while the jacks retract. if you dont have air ride, this isnt necessary.
i agree the alarm is a pain, but its a safety measure thats installed by the manufacturer. not hwh. its their choice. we just provide the part.
there is logic built into the system that turns the system on when a jack is extended while traveling. (by extended, i mean no more than 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches. more than that, you have a problem.)
if you leave your system on, the jack is retracted, and the alarm does not go off, because of this logic.
all you have to do, if you dont leave the engine running to retract your jacks, go thru your normal process of retracting. then push the retract button as you drive away. let it time it self out, and the system will work as designed. do this every time you start your engine and leave, and you wont have an alarm, unless one of the jacks fail to retract. then you have to repair the problem.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #21
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"azpete" (Paul).....Thanks for your offer. Over the years, HWH has not a had good reputation (on the Forums) for answering calls or calling customers back. It's nice to see an employee stepping up to help.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh