Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2016, 05:34 PM   #1

HWH 610 leveling system problems

I have a 99 Winnebago class a with an HWH leveling system (610). On our last trip ,the jacks would not retract when we were ready to leave for home. I was able to manually retract them and come home. When I tried the system in my driveway , it would not work.
Got hold of an HWH troubleshooting manual and went step by step until I found I had no power at the pump relay. The book said to check the pump fuse on the back of the control box-- it was ok. It then said if the fuse is good, replace the control box (ap1111). Found a new one online thru Camping World
put he new box in and still does not work and still have no power at the small wire at the pump relay
emailed and called HWH but waiting for a call back
any ideas?
thanks
LRACE5
LRACE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2016, 11:10 AM   #2

Have had my share of problems with this system. Has taken 3 trips to repair problem. You will probably have to replace the selenoids. Once the system is working ALWAYS drive with the store button on. Since doing this have had no problem. Knock on wood. Good luck!
TsuSM70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #3
Commercial Member

check continuity on the 8600 wire from the control box to the pump relay. if thats ok, check continuity from the box to the touch panel. it sounds like you are losing the signal from the touch pad. make sure you are getting a signal out of the touch pad also. thats probably the first thing i would check.
if you dont get anything out of the touch panel, remove the white cover on the plug, and press the wires down into the connector with a knife blade. sometimes they work loose, and lose the signal. my cell is 602-549-3638. paul maddox
maybe i can help
i do work for hwh. i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #4

Hey Paul,
First, let me start by saying thank you for your offer to help. I have no power @ the 8600 wire- checked it down at the pump relay and then checked it at the back of the control box and no power there either. The pump fuse is good .The troubleshooting guide says if there is no power @ 8600 and the fuse is good, replace the box. Installed new box (ap1111)and still no power at 8600.
When I press the button on the touch pad, the red light comes on --when I press it a second time, the red light blinks but the pump does not run.
I tried to call you on Saturday around noon but got a voice mail that said the number I was calling was something different than what you gave me so I don't know if you got my message. I don't want to talk on your dime so if you have a time that would be good for you, let me know and I will call you.
again, thank you for your efforts,
Roger Laureno
Old 11-27-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
dms

Have you checked to see if there is 12v at the output side of the master relay with the ignition switch on? The master relay should be hot (closed) anytime the ignition switch is on. The HWH keypad operates this relay to feed power to the pump relay.

If you have power to the battery side of the master relay and not at the output side when pressing the keypad, your master is shot (open).

I had the same problem and the troubleshooting guide was no help. The master coil had burned (opened). To test, operate the keypad and short the two main (large) lugs on the master relay with a pair of pliers, etc. If the pump then runs, replace the master relay. I replaced mine with a 200 amp golf cart relay (same size) which are industrial strength. The HWH relays are Chinese junk.

Another way to test the master relay is to disconnect the leads and check for continuity on the coil. The coil should show continuity. If not (shows open) it's shot.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:11 AM   #6

I do have power at the master relay but no power to the 8600 wire that energizes the pump relay
Old 11-28-2016, 04:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRACE5 View Post
I do have power at the master relay but no power to the 8600 wire that energizes the pump relay
But do you have power THROUGH the master relay?
Old 11-28-2016, 05:57 AM   #8
dms

"THROUGH" is the question. The battery side of the master relay is alway hot. The other large lug is hot only when the coil is activated. Do you have 12v on the output side of the master relay? If not, the 8600 wire will not have voltage, meaning the coil is not working.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:11 AM   #9

yes I have power thru the master relay and power from there to 1 side of the pump relay but with no power to 8600,the pump relay does not close and send power to the pump
Old 01-31-2019, 05:53 PM   #10

Did you ever find the root of your problem? I too have an HWH system (325) with no power on the 8600 wire going from the control box to the relay. I can jump it from the battery side of the relay and everything works as it should. Just can't seem to get power to the 8600 wire out of the control box and the fuse is good. This weekend I'm going to check the leds and make sure both red and yellow are coming on for the pump relay and also test the pin in the back of the control box where the 8600 wire attaches to see if there's voltage there. If not I plan on sending the control box in to HWH for repairs. Everything else seems to work so I have just been lifting the step and jumping the relay to work my levelers and slides. But it's always a two person job to set up and take down....
aw2657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 02:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRACE5 View Post
yes I have power thru the master relay and power from there to 1 side of the pump relay but with no power to 8600,the pump relay does not close and send power to the pump
Bumping this old thread to see if you ever got power to 8600?
MyPurpleZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, hwh, ems, problems