Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #1

HWH 625 leveling system

I have a HWH leveling system on my 40Ft. pusher. I'm on strip to texas to see my son and when we stoped for the night I tried to level the motorhome and could not get the jacks to extend. The same system works the slides and generator slideout and they work fine ,only the jacks seem to be effected. I checked the fluid and it was low so I added about a gallon of atf which is what hah recommends, not difference. I've contacted HWH for tech help and they advised it would be 2 weeks before anyone could talk to me. Tryed some local (houston tx) rv service centers and they couldn't help either. I've followed the diagnostic's orvided by HWH in they're service manual and as best as I can tell it is the control board however I don't want to condemn the board until I've eliminated all else. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is air leveling but sometimes the plug on the bottom of the touch pad falls off.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #3

My touchpad is working and my pump is running, I don't seem to be getting power to the solenoids.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #4

I am not familiar with the 625 system (mine is a 610) and my slide is electric. Do you only have one pump that provides the pressure for all of the functions or multiple? If you have only one pump, hear the pump running and the solenoids for the other functions work (and you have a bunch of solenoids on the manifold) then I would agree that it must be what is controlling the jacks.
Azpete (Paul) will be around soon to help. He works for HWH.
Bringing her back to her glory.
RKins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #5

Yes there are several solenoid actually there are 2 manifolds. Looking at the HWH diagram the slides are on one manifold and the jack solenoids are on they're own manifold. I only have one pump. I disconnected the solenoid and jumpered it straight to 12 volts, when I did that I could hear the solenoid operating and had my wife engage the pump but the jack still didn't extend.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:31 AM   #6

Have the jacks worked since you've owned the coach? I wonder if the shuttle valve on that manifold is shot. Another place you could call for help is Stewarts Services, Chuck is a HWH dealer and a very helpful guy. http://www.rvleveling.com/index.html
I bought springs, a pump/motor set and a shuttle valve from them.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #7
Commercial Member

check to see if there is fluid from the pump thru the shuttle valve to the jacks.
crack open a line to one of the jacks at the manifold. if you have no fluid, replace the shuttle valve.
please call me if you need more help
paul maddox 1-602-549-3638
i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
check to see if there is fluid from the pump thru the shuttle valve to the jacks.
crack open a line to one of the jacks at the manifold. if you have no fluid, replace the shuttle valve.
Paul,
I can't tell you how much we all appreciate you chiming in when it comes to issues with HWH systems, jack(s) or slides. You helped me immensely back a few months ago on my bedroom slide ram rebuild and bleeding process. We're in Havasu, not all that far from you. Next time we're in your area, we'll show you some appreciation.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
See, I did listen when you were walking me through my repairs!! I was on the right track on this problem. I just wish I knew what a shuttle valve does
Old 04-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #10

The jacks worked fine on a trip to Maryland last month. This is the first time I've used them since that trip. I'm suspect of the shuttle valve so I'll try cracking a line at the manifold when I get to my next stop. We're leaving Houston in the morning headed to New Orleans for a couple days then on to Florida. I bought 4 hydraulic jacks and used them to stabilize and level for now. After I get to my next stop and check the line from the manifold for fluid I'll let you know what I fine. Thanks for offering to help.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #11
Commercial Member

rick, the shuttle valve is what directs the flow of fluid thru the jack manifold. when pressure is applied, from the pump, it shifts down and allows the fluid to flow thru to the hydraulic solenoids, which in turn allow fluid to flow to specific solenoids to extend the jacks.
if you hit store, the shuttle valves stays put, the hydraulic valves stay open, and allows the fluid to flow back to the tank.
papaw, if you want, there is a good repair center just south of tallahasee fl.
alliance rv. they have worked on hwh systems for a long time. they do good work. i dont know about prices.
paul maddox
Old 04-24-2017, 08:35 AM   #12

Thanks Paul, we spent the last 2 days touring New Orleans so I've not had time to check for fluid through the shuttle valve. We head on to Florida this morning so when I get there and set up that will be the first thing I check. I'll let you know what I find. Is it possible to clean and repair the shuttle valve or is it a replace only part. Can I order it from HWH or would someone like Alliance have it in stock? Can you supply parts? Thanks so much for your help.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #13
Commercial Member

i doubt that alliance would stock it. better to order it thru hwh or stuarts in indiana. they are easy to replace.
i have them, but im on the road all this week, so its easier for you to get it from hwh or stuarts. i try to avoid selling parts if i can, because of the long trip to ups, or the post office. im way out in the country.
as far as cleaning them, you can, but the more common problem is losing the 3/16 nut off the bottom of the spindle that holds all the valve together. some people report that cleaning it has worked for them. for 80 bucks, its just as easy to replace it.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #14

Paul, just wanted to extend my sincere thanks for your advice on my leveling system. You were right on with your diagnosis. I ordered a shuttle valve from Stuart's in Indiana and installed it and now my system works perfect. By the way achy knits a great person to deal with and I would recommend Stuart's to any one with HWH leveling problems. Thanks again for your help.

Tags
hwh, leveling