Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2016, 09:03 PM   #1

hwh air level problem

I have a 1993 beaver 38 ft with hwh system on it. when you crank up the motor the left side air bags will rise front and rear, but the right side will not come up at all. I can turn on the system manually and pump up the right side, but as soon as I turn it off the right side goes back down. I refer to this as to being in the travel mode. I think there may be a relay somewhere that is not working. Any thoughts would help. Waiting on call back from hwh 2 weeks I was told.
opel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2016, 11:12 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There are solenoids that direct air into the air bags when you go into travel mode. I had one go bad that would not allow the left rear side to come up in T mode. 80 and change as I recall to buy a new one. HWH has manuals on their site.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:08 AM   #3

What is the model number of your hwh system? I had a similar problem with ours but it was only the passenger side rear solenoid that wouldn't air up when in travel mode, we have the 500 series. We ended up cycling the travel mode and solenoids manually and got it to unstick. Here is the manual for the 500 series. It may not be what you need but will give you a good idea of how it all works. Oh yeah and... when we came home from fla this spring our front end wouldn't dump. The manual said to check the outlet ports for blockages and sure enough mud daubers had clogged them. Not the same as your issue but another solution for another day.

I opened the hwh box and ohmed out the wires to our front solenoid pack. I could hear them clicking and that's when I figured out they were clogged. Check for voltage on the wires leading to your rear pack when you go into travel mode. You should have a change in voltages to rear. Also then ohm the same connection to make sure you have continuity in wires leading back to pack. Mice have been known to chew a wire or two also. Attached is the manual. Good luck. If I can help let me know as I now have a good inner working knowledge of how this system works. I also found our leveling sensor too!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH 500 troubleshooting mauual.pdf (435.5 KB, 46 views)
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #4

Suggest you check the HWH site and download the manual for your system. If the 500, you already have the link for it.

I would think two possible problems. One the ride height control valve on the low side of the coach. Don't know how many you have, usually 3, and don't know how they are distributed on your coach. On mine, I have two on the rear and one on the front. Some coaches are the reverse of this.

Second could be the ride height control solenoid on that side of the coach.

I don't know how to trouble shoot between the two possibilities but from experience I can tell you that HWH does not play with the ride height valve and if that is the cause of the problem then a trip to a good truck shop is in order.

I had problems with the left side and it turned out to be the solenoid valve on the left rear. HWH replaced that valve and all is well. On my coach the rear valves are above the rear axle and difficult to access.

As a work around until you can get the problem solved you can remove the fuse in the HWH control box that controls the ride height. First set your ride height manually, then remove the fuse. The coach should remain at that height. Stop occasionally and check your ride height as small leaks can allow the coach to drop down. On my coach it is the 7.5 amp fuse in the HWH control box.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh