Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
HWH air leveling problem

When I press the level button twice the air starts to dump then the level light will flash like a strobe. I have the HWH 2000 air and jack combo. I can dump and raise front,back, and each side.
Any suggestions? The HWH web site has service centers but the closest one has a month waiting list.
Travel mode works also.
The center driver side light is off on the panel.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #2

You are saying that you have two options: air leveling only and jack leveling only?
When you push the air level button twice, you hear the air dumping. Do you feel or see the coach leveling itself front to back? Usually when the coach does this front to back thing, it then does the left to right thing. Then the green lite blinks at a very rapid speed (strobe like maybe but not very bright). Does the coach feel level or does it start to level itself and then stop. No help from me with the jacks as I do not have them on my dynasty, only the air leveling which works like a charm. You may have a bad "level sensor" which is adjustable I believe. I have never had to adjust mine so I can't help you there either. Someone will chime in who has the same system and knows how the adjustment works, but a little more information and more description will help.
One more thing, when level all the orange lights go off. You might post this question over on the Monaco Owners forum. There are many over there who can help.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
To clarify the light blinks red not orange, the air dumps for 2 seconds then stops and no front to back or side to side leveling happens after the light starts strobing.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #4

And...the jacks are stored and not in use?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Right no jacks as you can use one or the other.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #6

Move this over to the monaco owners site and I think you can get a good answer there. I don't ever remember seeing a red light on my pad but I could be mistaken. HWH has a good tech department and will help you pretty quick. Give them a call and see what the tech says.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Will do
Thanks Barlow46
Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I had a different problem with my HWH air leveling and sent them an e-mail. A fellow there promptly got back to me and trouble shooted the problem via email. They were excellent to deal with. Hope that helps.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Commercial Member

does your system level the coach, or are you having problems with that? i know you said it quits after a few seconds, but is it level or not? do all the yellow lights go out? just after it levels, the red light will blink dimly very fast. this will go on for 30 minutes.
it is normal for the light to start flashing brightly while the system levels the coach. it will dump the high side or end first, that is what your are supposed to hear first. it will not stop flashing until the unit is level. at that point, it will start the rapid blinking. if the coach is in a fairly level spot, it may not take much to level it. what does your operators manual say. there is a wealth of information in the operators manual and the service manual.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a 2011 Winnebago TOUR with HWH. Here are some tips I have learned:

1. Always use a Pad and blocks. Even on a slab you can get a Excessive Slope
Indicator light. By doing this, you will develop a habit for future leveling.

For example, if you do not use pads, a heavy rain could cause your jacks to bury down into the dirt. Good habits will repeat themselves. Good Luck
Old 07-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Rob View Post
We have a 2011 Winnebago TOUR with HWH. Here are some tips I have learned:

1. Always use a Pad and blocks. Even on a slab you can get a Excessive Slope
Indicator light. By doing this, you will develop a habit for future leveling.

For example, if you do not use pads, a heavy rain could cause your jacks to bury down into the dirt. Good habits will repeat themselves. Good Luck
Rob you have a hydraulic leveling system with Jacks that is totally different than the airlevelling system that uses the airbags.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #12

OP has both systems on his coach. Not sure which one was optional but do know the air leveling system is hard to beat.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
So the problem is the calibration is off for the air leveling. After raising the driver side air the middle right light will turn on. The level, or out of level was confirmed by a bubble level.
Now I have looked at the PDF for re-calibrating the sensor but have no idea where it is located. Any ideas on a 2006 Monaco Dynasty where to start?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kingtut View Post
So the problem is the calibration is off for the air leveling. After raising the driver side air the middle right light will turn on. The level, or out of level was confirmed by a bubble level.
Now I have looked at the PDF for re-calibrating the sensor but have no idea where it is located. Any ideas on a 2006 Monaco Dynasty where to start?
I can't be sure but will try to get down to storage tomorrow or Tues and see if is in my 2nd bay ceiling. In the meantime, here is a place to start looking. I found this in an earlier thread:

"The level sensor on my coach is in my control box which is located in the second bay ceiling, curbside. It has four yellow leds. It is adjusted from the side (outside) of the box. There's an offset hex nut (about 9/19) for side-to side and a screw right above the nut for front to rear adjustment. I was told by a technician to adjust side to side first. The procedure was as follows: Place a bubble level wherever you want to make your reference (he recommended the freezer compartment floor). Level the coach so the bubble is centered there, ignoring what the lights say. Then make side to side sensor adjustments till the side lights go out. Then adjust the sensor front to rear until those lights go out. (I was told it should require very little movement. If it requires more than about 1/10 turn, there may be a problem with the control module.) Try un-leveling and re-leveling the motorhome until you're satisfied with the results. It may or may not apply to you coach."

Tags
hwh, leveling