Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #1

HWH air leveling unresponsive

I've emailed HWH this afternoon and am hoping some of the talent on the forum might be able to provide some insight. My email is as follows:

"I have a 1992 country coach affinity built on a Gillig chassis (Gillig #46GEDO41OM1042224). I believe my HWH air leveling system is a ML6629?

The coach was parked for about 4 months. after picking up and using last week, the leveling function is unresponsive. When I press the "air" button on the HWH control panel, the green travel light goes out and the only lights that will illuminate are certain yellow level sensing indicator lights....no other lights on. I can not get any response out of the control panel; no adding/exhausting with my raise/lower buttons, etc. The only thing that seems to function properly is the return to travel mode both automatically and manually.

I have tried unplugging the ribbon power connection from the back of control panel and replugging in. I have also found the silver control box on the other end of the ribbon and confirmed that all fuses are good.

Any insight and/or parts availability would be greatly appreciated."
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2015, 09:17 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Try pressing the button twice!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #3

Already tried. Pushing twice is what I usually do to engage auto leveling; once to take out of travel mode and allow for manual leveling, twice to engage auto level.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I have to push "off" to use the dump button.

Assume that you have turned the leveling off and then back to automatic (two presses) in your testing to see if it will reset.

Also, you could turn the battery off for a bit and then back on to see if will reset.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #5

Unplugging the harness should have done the reset for you the same as disconnecting the batter would too.

I have no experience with that age unit, so hoping others will pop in to add help.

All I can suggest is the basics of checking that all the grounds are clean.

Will follow the thread, and wish you the best... Please share back what is determined to have been the problem.

Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #6

Thanks Smitty. I'll definitely update as a solution is established.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:23 AM   #7

HWH usually has at least one 12V fuse near the pump motor assy. Mine are inline blade-fuse holders in the wiring bundle.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:55 PM   #8

^^^^interesting. I was thinking the only fuses were located in the large silver box. I'll have to hunt down the ones you are referring to.

Still pending a reply from HWH. Hopefully I can at minimum identify my unit and obtain troubleshooting literature.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:56 PM   #9

Go here NOMENCLATURE to identify your system.

Then, maybe this page http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml54800_srvc....WH__Slide_Outs
will have the service manual.

Worth a try until HWH gets back to you. They have been slow responding to their customers. I've used the service manual for my system to help trouble shoot problems.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by phays View Post
Go here NOMENCLATURE to identify your system.

Then, maybe this page http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml54800_srvc....WH__Slide_Outs
will have the service manual.

Worth a try until HWH gets back to you. They have been slow responding to their customers. I've used the service manual for my system to help trouble shoot problems.

Thanks for the links.... I was able to educate myself tremendously.....thank you!

Update: although the service manual was informational, it didn't spec out my issue specifically. Through my puttering, I Was able to find my control box (attached to front if firewall). After removing the cover, I was disgusted to find a mouse nest....no Bueno. There were no blown fuses however, there were some chewed wires and mouse urine on the control board circuitry which I'm almost positive is causing my issues. Pursuing a rebuild of the board at this point....will update as I experience progress.
I wish all mice would die a slow and painful death....effectively leading to extinction.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:35 AM   #11

Do the following.

Blow out the area to get all loose stuff out.

Take a bunch of photos.

Zoom in to magnify everything then use computer screen to see better.

If you can remove the board get a can of denatured alcohol and place the board in a coffee can or zip lock bag and fill with the alcohol and let it soak for about an hour.

Get a 1/2 inch wide cheap paint brush and cut it to about 1/2 inch long.

Take board and place in a bowl and pour fresh alcohol in bowl and carefully and gently scrub it to loosen any remaining stuff then blow it clean.

Look for traces that are damaged.

Take photos to post here for suggestions.

Set it in a warm place for a day to be sure it is dry.

While soaking clean the area and each wire connection.

When finished put it back together and try it.

Tags
hwh, leveling