Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
HWH control intermittent

Ok!hi y'all, just got a 2006 allergro and it's in pretty shape. The only real issue is with the levelers ... when I press any of the buttons I can hear a click but nothing most of the time. The time the motor does run, the jacks do nothing. Batteries full charged. It was about a quart low and that's all I had. It's close to the dip stick now so I don't think the problem. Sounds like it could be pump relay??? I will make sure all the grounds and connections tomorrow.... been raining like mother. I do have the HWH manual and will go step by step. I just want to see if it sounds like I'm on the right track? Appreciate any input !!
wszetela is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2016, 07:51 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

If you've reviewed your HWH manuals and have attempted to call HWH and not received a call back (they used to be very good at getting back to you ...not so much lately but when they do, they solve your problem), azpete who posts on this forum and works for HWH has offered all the iRV2 members to call his cell phone number and he'll help you with the problem.

Click here to see a list of his posts and to get his number.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Awesome! I'll give that a try! Thanks
Old 12-17-2016, 08:54 AM   #4

I had a similar problem , twice , with my HWH system.

First time the problem traced back to a corroded main system fuse; an in-line 40 amp in a " Waterproof " fuse holder that wasn't. The fuse passed power but not enough amps to operate the system.
The second problem was internal in the pump motor ; again corrosion ; of the brush plate causing poor ground and no motor operation.
I've heard back from other members with both these issues.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/hwh-p...re-240908.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0277 (640x360).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	146889  
Old 12-17-2016, 08:59 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wszetela View Post
Ok!hi y'all, just got a 2006 allergro and it's in pretty shape. The only real issue is with the levelers ... when I press any of the buttons I can hear a click but nothing most of the time. The time the motor does run, the jacks do nothing. Batteries full charged. It was about a quart low and that's all I had. It's close to the dip stick now so I don't think the problem. Sounds like it could be pump relay??? I will make sure all the grounds and connections tomorrow.... been raining like mother. I do have the HWH manual and will go step by step. I just want to see if it sounds like I'm on the right track? Appreciate any input !!
I would take a good look at the entire system......I suspect a leak some where........
These are a sealed hydraulic system.........A quart low is a lot!
Old 12-17-2016, 09:13 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Looks like that's in order and makes sense! Thank you and thanks skip for the grounding suggestion. Itwas raining and nowsnowing so as soon as I get break I'll dig in!! Have a great weekend!
Old 12-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"wszetela".....I believe it was some of the older HWH systems that would lose ground like "Skip426" stated. To take that a step further, some of the were losing ground to the entire unit.

Take a pair of jumper cables and use one side to jump from a good spot on the frame to good metal spot on the HWH assembly. This is quick and easy to do and will eliminate any issues with a main ground.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great Idea! will do!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:42 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
So I tried the jumper cable ground scenario with no luck. I ended up putting 2 quarts of fluid . Have had a chance to check for leaks. Do have a question about the lED brain under the hood. Are the lights alway suppose to be on all the time? Because there are. Slow process with the weather here. l Live in the sierras and its dam cold. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:54 AM   #10
Commercial Member

some of them are on if the key is on. when you leave it on, the computer monitors the jacks so that if one is forced down because of heat expansion, it will retract it instead of turning the alarm on.
if you need help with diagnostics, please call me.
602-549-3638. i can help
i do not sell parts or solicit service on this forum
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:08 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I couldn't even get my system to turn on, I disassembled the control switch board from the touch pad and cleaned the switches with an aerosol electrical contact cleaner. That took care of the non-working buttons.
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:25 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same Problem - Simply a loose wire

In my case, found that the wire to the pump motor was loose.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #13

I had intermittent contact with my keypad on my HWH jack panel. I contacted the HWH parts department about a replacement. Due to different systems they asked for photos of the pad and the back of the board. They determined the correct replacement board with about $270.00 and a few minutes of time my system is so much more reliable. I pushed my luck as long as I could. I am very glad that I spent the money and got a new board. The intermittent problems would have caused a lot more serious problems with more money and downtime. The push pads on the power button along with the up and down arrows for front & rear jacks were the worst of them. They were well used and very intermittent. Now I have confidence when I press the button the system responds. Thanks HWH parts department!

Ralph 2005 Alpine 40FDQS

Thanks
Old 04-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sorry for the late reply but been really busy! It ending up being a lose ground and a bad shutter valve. Thanks for all the help! The HWH manuals are bomb.

Tags
hwh