Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seaford, DE
Posts: 32
HWH Hydraulic Leveling

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-822617615.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	42450
__________________

__________________
La59morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Mr_D's Avatar
 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 28,481
Are the control panel lights on?
More info as to the symptoms would help!
__________________

__________________
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '14 CR-V
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seaford, DE
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Are the control panel lights on?
More info as to the symptoms would help!
Yes. When I press the arrow to lower the jacks I hear a clicking sound.
__________________
La59morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Ranger Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Where the Rig is Parked
Posts: 932
Are you sure you are not doing it backwards. The lower or down arrow does not mean jacks down. It means lower the rig. As in your picture with yellow light on right of panel you need to press up arrow to raise that side of the rig.
Took me a bit to get used to that.
__________________
Steve and Joy
2016 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
Where We Are Now
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ranger Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Where the Rig is Parked
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by La59morris View Post
Yes. When I press the arrow to lower the jacks I hear a clicking sound.
Press up arrow to lower jacks.
__________________
Steve and Joy
2016 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
Where We Are Now
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seaford, DE
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Smith View Post
Are you sure you are not doing it backwards. The lower or down arrow does not mean jacks down. It means lower the rig. As in your picture with yellow light on right of panel you need to press up arrow to raise that side of the rig.
Took me a bit to get used to that.
I've tried all the arrows and all I get is a clicking sound.
__________________
La59morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
radams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 398
I'm sure this is a lot more info than you expected but you might want to check out this link for the Model 310 which looks like the unit you have.

http://www.hwh-europe.com/download/ml13514.pdf

If that's not your unit then just google what you have and repair book and I'm sure you can find what you need. Good luck!
__________________
radams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seaford, DE
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by radams View Post
I'm sure this is a lot more info than you expected but you might want to check out this link for the Model 310 which looks like the unit you have.

http://www.hwh-europe.com/download/ml13514.pdf

If that's not your unit then just google what you have and repair book and I'm sure you can find what you need. Good luck!
Thanks!
__________________
La59morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
joemcgin's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Franklin, Mass.
Posts: 203
Have the same issue with our HWH levelers. I am the 3rd owner & the original owners notes stated that the levelers click when overheated. They work fine. I found if I press the arrow button around the edge of the button the clicking goes away.
__________________
Joe & Kathy
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 32V Workhorse Chassis
joemcgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: behind the steering wheel
Posts: 996
you need to determine if you have a 310 system or a 325 system. the 325 is generally used after the year 2000. look at the pump assembly. if you have a control box mounted on the end of the pump assembly, you have a 325 system. the diagnosis is almost the same. take a 12 volt tester and check the pump relay. if you have power going thru both studs when the raise arrow is pressed, its good,no power, the relay is bad. if you have power thru the pump relay, then check the stud on the end of the motor. if you have power there, its a bad motor.
download a service manual from www.hwh.com it will guide you thru the diagnosis. scroll down to customer service. click that then go to service manuals
__________________
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Seaford, DE
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
you need to determine if you have a 310 system or a 325 system. the 325 is generally used after the year 2000. look at the pump assembly. if you have a control box mounted on the end of the pump assembly, you have a 325 system. the diagnosis is almost the same. take a 12 volt tester and check the pump relay. if you have power going thru both studs when the raise arrow is pressed, its good,no power, the relay is bad. if you have power thru the pump relay, then check the stud on the end of the motor. if you have power there, its a bad motor.
download a service manual from www.hwh.com it will guide you thru the diagnosis. scroll down to customer service. click that then go to service manuals
Thanks!
__________________
La59morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 39
Should I clean the HWH level legs when they are down and lube them with something before raising them to travel? I park for weeks at a time and often wonder what I should do to maintain the legs. I have been told NOT to use WD 40 on them as it will damage the seals. Suggestions?
__________________
gbaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: behind the steering wheel
Posts: 996
wd40 or trans fluid is what hwh recommends. it will not hurt the seals, seals are neoprene.
__________________
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: bis. nd
Posts: 687
also once on my hwh I had to just tap the u shaped pipe{cant remember what its called} and my levelers then worked...jeff
__________________

__________________
London Aire..350hp Sparton chassis... with all the good stuff from the time.
2007 Alfa Gold!! model 1008. 400hp Freightliner, now in use!!
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hwh, leveling



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Emergency Brake Contact for HWH Deployment Just For Fun Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 9 07-13-2013 10:25 AM
Leveling jacks trueblue01 Class A Motorhome Discussions 1 06-29-2013 08:48 AM
HWH joy stick 210 series leveling system Geneandea Monaco Owner's Forum 1 06-25-2013 03:39 PM
Hydraulic slide questions janieD Excel Owner's Forum 10 06-24-2013 04:25 PM
Lil bit of an emergency here...please help if you can- Leveling Jacks Taco29wps Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 19 06-14-2013 09:03 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.