Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #1

HWH Jack won't Extend.

I have an 06 Winnebago Adventurer with the HWH 325 system. All jacks and slides worked this morning. Traveled today and now left front jack will not extend. Any idea what the problem might be?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
With all slides in and all jacks retracted where is the fluid level in the reservoir tank, should be in between the lines of bell vent shaft?

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #3

Thanks 007. I checked my fluid level and it is between the marks towards the full mark.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #4

Does the motor run. Or is their a clicking sound from the solonioid mounting near the hydraulic motor there is one for each jack . Maybe just a loose wire connection at the related valve. You can operate the rear jack . It might help find the coil that is not working. It also has a manual valve if you get ajack down and it won't retract. My unit was a1999 Adventure ,so yours could be different. Good luck.Lou
Old 12-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #5

The motor does run. I am to deploy rear jacks and right front. Have 2 rear slides out. Large front slide I have not done. I leveled front to rear by driving up on blocks. I am going to stabilize the left front by putting a sizzor under pad and lift coach about 1". Then deploy right jack to lift right side 1".
Old 12-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Each jack has a solenoid that has to energize in order to allow fluid under pressure to reach the jack and entend it. I believe but I am not positive that each solenoid has a individual fuse to protect it. You might check for a blown fuse. The previous poster was also correct in a loose wire for that solenoid. Once again i am not sure but i also believe there is a manual valve for each solenoid. The valve is probably not the issue because the jack had been working but it would not hurt to check it also to make sure it is tight. More than likely it will be either a loose wire or a blown fuse. If blown fuse that will probably be the result of a shorted solenoid. They are not that hard to replace from what I have read on this forum and not very expensive.

I would make sure to have all my slides in and jacks retracted before attempting to work on it. With jacks down you will have a lot of pressure on the system. If you attempt to remove something and it is for the wrong jack there will be a lot of pressure plus that jack is going to allow the motor home to drop in that area.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #7

I am updating this because I am still having issues. I am on my third service guy. The original problem started with my jacks. I have had to solenoid valves replaced. Now the jacks won't extend and one slide is stuck part way out. After almost 2 weeks identifying AP numbers to get a motor from HWH. Guess what still not working. My service guy got on the phone with HWH and they somehow bypassed the shuttle valve. The slides worked. Shuttle valve on order.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAdventurer View Post
I am updating this because I am still having issues. I am on my third service guy. The original problem started with my jacks. I have had to solenoid valves replaced. Now the jacks won't extend and one slide is stuck part way out. After almost 2 weeks identifying AP numbers to get a motor from HWH. Guess what still not working. My service guy got on the phone with HWH and they somehow bypassed the shuttle valve. The slides worked. Shuttle valve on order.

If you need a motor check out dbelectrical.com got mine there.

1997 Tiffen Allegro Bus 37', Cat 3126
Old 03-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #9

Another update, my circus contiues. Shuttle valve installed, everything is working except front right jack won't extend. Do the solenoid valves seem to burn out about, like end of expected life? This will be my third all on different corners. Should I just go ahead and replace the fourth one?
Old 03-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #10
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAdventurer View Post
Another update, my circus contiues. Shuttle valve installed, everything is working except front right jack won't extend. Do the solenoid valves seem to burn out about, like end of expected life? This will be my third all on different corners. Should I just go ahead and replace the fourth one?

There is a member of this forum with the screen name of AzPete that works for HWH. Some time back, he volunteer on this forum to answer any questions that members might have. I contacted him last year on a jack not wanting to retract by sending him a private message through this site and he responded quickly with what to check. I did so and got the problem fixed. His name is Paul Maddox and he also has a phone # that is ok to call. 1-602-549-3638. Very nice of him to offer his services.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #11

Did you check the fuses in the front panel. I have a similar HWH set up and had problems with my jacks as well. A fuse blew and at the time didn't know where the fuse panel was for the HWH system. I had to open the front panel where you access the generator and over to the left (passenger side) is the HWH control panel where all the fuses are. They are behind a clear plastic panel that is held in place with a one piece rubber guard. It may not resolve the problem but our mobile tech up in Syracuse, NY fixed our problem. Best of luck and hope you get er done.
myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The basics of hydraulics is pretty easy. You have a pump that pumps hydraulic fluid under pressure. In the case of jacks the pump is connected to a manifold. ( one inlet several outlets) In order to energize a jack you electrically energize a solenoid that allows pressure for that individual jack to go from the manifold to the jack.

In the case of slides I would guess since you mentioned shuttle valve that the output of the pump goes through a valve that moves back and forth ( shuttle) When it is moved to one position fluid under pressure goes through one hose and puts pressure on a ram that moves the slide out. The other hose is open to the tank and allows fluid on that side of the ram to move back to the tank out of the way of the piston. When the shuttle is in the other position it allows the fluid go through the other hose under pressure to move the ram back in and allows the first hose to return fluid to the tank

Now to your problem. Have any of the new parts failed a second time. It could be a run of bad luck just older parts all failing at same time. Other think I could think of would be if you had gotten dirt or grit in the fluid. solenoid valves do not like dirts and shuttle valves really do not like dirt.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:54 PM   #13

Thanks to all who replied. I am currently in a location with not the best internet. No new parts have failed as of yet. It seems to be a domino effect. Having a new solenoid installed Monday. Only one remains from the original set. Have to head home Tuesday morning. Sucks for me.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This might be a waste of time but when you get home I would remove all of the fluid from my system. I am not sure if there is a drain on the resevoir or you might have to take a hose loose but i would remove all the fluid. Fill with new fluid of the correct type run everything a couple of times. The jacks slides etc. Drain the fluid again and replace with new fluid a second time. I am suspicious of you having foreign matter in your fluid. You are dealing with a 2000 psi when the system is working so all of the parts are fairly high tolerance fits. If you get dirt or something in the system blocking valves from opening or moving you would have the kind of problems you are having in my opinion. I have nothing to prove that it is more kind of a feeling than anything else. Replacing the fluid should not be very expensive and hopefully flush any contaminant out of the system.

if you do not want to flush the fluid get a sample and send off for analysis.
In a problem where you have a lot of parts go bad like you have had then look for what is common to everything and the fluid is one of those items. eliminate the possibilities of things that could cause the problem one at a time.

Tags
hwh