Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2016, 05:22 PM   #1

HWH leveling jack probkems

Has anyone had problems with leveling jacks. I have a 07 Newmar that when the self leveling button is pushed both jacks on the passenger side start to extend and don't stop till I shut off the panel. They will lift the passenger side wheels off the ground. Any trouble shooting ideals will be accepted. They are HWH hydraulic. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2016, 05:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnordstrom View Post
Has anyone had problems with leveling jacks. I have a 07 Newmar that when the self leveling button is pushed both jacks on the passenger side start to extend and don't stop till I shut off the panel. They will lift the passenger side wheels off the ground. Any trouble shooting ideals will be accepted. They are HWH hydraulic. Thanks
Can you provide the model of HWH? They have a bunch of variations.
Also, model of your Newmar.

Old 09-26-2016, 10:16 PM   #3

HWH has an FAQ page that answers many questions, and a section to download a service manual for your system.
My guess is that something has disturbed the leveling sensor unit.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:00 AM   #4

Model 625 for the HWH and Dutch star for the MH.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
HWH has an FAQ page that answers many questions, and a section to download a service manual for your system.
My guess is that something has disturbed the leveling sensor unit.
X2 - I would try manually leveling with a bubble while following the level learn procedure for your specific jacks.
nukerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukerj View Post
X2 - I would try manually leveling with a bubble while following the level learn procedure for your specific jacks.
X3 ... only I would skip trying to level and test function of front/back/left/right individually in small increments.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #7
Commercial Member

it sounds like a pressure switch is stuck open. this would tell the computer that that jack need to have more pressure. a service manual will provide the diagnostic direction to check out this. i can help. my cell is 602-549-3638.
i do work for hwh. i can help with diagnostics
i dont sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #8

There are level sensors at each corner of the MH which tell the individual jacks how far to extend. Kind of a little swing arm mechanism. On our Ventana, the system senses the low corner and extends that jack first, then works it way around. Sounds like the level sensor system is acting up.

Good luck with getting any info. out of HWH these days. I had a problem with a solenoid valve leaking - took 2 phone calls and 3 emails before tech got back to me. When I tried to get a price on a new solenoid valve, was advised they would put my question in a " que" - parts dept would get back in a week !
Finally heard back from parts dept - advised valves were on backorder - minimum 2 / 3 weeks to ship.
Totally unimpressed !!!
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #9
Commercial Member

on the hwh system,the level of a coach is determined by two things. level and pressure. the level sensor uses liquid to show the control box when the coach is level. older sensors used mercury, mercury has been discontinued, and newer ones use another non freezable liquid. there are no levers, or other parts outside the sensor that have anything to do with level.
the control box also senses pressure, and requires pressure on all four jacks to accept that the coach is level. on the automatic system, each jack has a pressure sensor. it provides a ground to the control box. its either open or closed. no in between.
if a pressure switch is stuck open, that tells the control box that the jack is not down. it will continue raising the coach until either pressure is achieved, or the jack fully extends. then it goes into excess slope. thats why i think its a pressure switch.
i post my cell (602-549-3638) on here all the time. its on all the time.
i do work for hwh full time. i can really help. if i dont know the answer, i know who does. i do not promote our product over our competitors. i do not try to sell hwh systems, or parts here. i dont criticize other systems. they all level your coach.
i even offer to help diagnose other mfg systems. i have their service manuals and have worked on all the different systems. i didnt always work for hwh. i was a service manager at a rv dealership for 30 years.
my point is that if you have a question about leveling, i can help you. you dont have to wait for two weeks, just to ask a question.
with the diagnostics done, all you have to do is order the part. that takes much less time. i can even help with part numbers.
my goal is to help you get your system fixed. thats all.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #10

Azpete, I read everyone of your posts and find them of great value even if I don't fully understand some of the content, and just want to say thank you for your contribution and knowledge. We need more people like you who are not only willing to share on the forum but to also go the extra mile by supplying contact information.

A big thanks!!!!!!!👍
Old 09-28-2016, 12:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
on the hwh system,the level of a coach is determined by two things. level and pressure. the level sensor uses liquid to show the control box when the coach is level. older sensors used mercury, mercury has been discontinued, and newer ones use another non freezable liquid. there are no levers, or other parts outside the sensor that have anything to do with level.
the control box also senses pressure, and requires pressure on all four jacks to accept that the coach is level. on the automatic system, each jack has a pressure sensor. it provides a ground to the control box. its either open or closed. no in between.
if a pressure switch is stuck open, that tells the control box that the jack is not down. it will continue raising the coach until either pressure is achieved, or the jack fully extends. then it goes into excess slope. thats why i think its a pressure switch.
i post my cell (602-549-3638) on here all the time. its on all the time.
i do work for hwh full time. i can really help. if i dont know the answer, i know who does. i do not promote our product over our competitors. i do not try to sell hwh systems, or parts here. i dont criticize other systems. they all level your coach.
i even offer to help diagnose other mfg systems. i have their service manuals and have worked on all the different systems. i didnt always work for hwh. i was a service manager at a rv dealership for 30 years.
my point is that if you have a question about leveling, i can help you. you dont have to wait for two weeks, just to ask a question.
with the diagnostics done, all you have to do is order the part. that takes much less time. i can even help with part numbers.
my goal is to help you get your system fixed. thats all.
And believe me, this guy knows his stuff. Thanks for the help you provide azpete!! Wish we could combine the questions you get and the answers you provide on a sticky somehow.
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:19 AM   #12

Thanks for everyone's help with my jack problems. A technician from HWH finally called me back and instructed me on adjusting the leveling sensers. Problem solved.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnordstrom View Post
Thanks for everyone's help with my jack problems. A technician from HWH finally called me back and instructed me on adjusting the leveling sensers. Problem solved.
Thanks for the update.

Tags
ems, hwh, leveling