Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2016, 07:03 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
HWH leveling system adjustment

FWIW, I don't worry about carrying extra levels or devices, when my HWH cycle is complete I go to the bathroom door (and/or the shower door) and open it, if it stays where I left it we are level, if not I will tweak the jack adjustment. If it is too far out I will adjust the circuit board (I have done that twice in 10 years), it takes about 30 seconds as long as you have the wrench and an offset (or stubby) Phillips screwdriver, otherwise it could take 3 hours to find the tools and drink a few adult beverages.

DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #16

I have pretty much given up on the automatic level feature of the HWH 625 system on my DSDP. I simply manually dump the air and manually level the left side then the right using a button level on the front console. I then open the fridge door 90 deg and manually adjust the front and back until the door remains neutral and does not swing fwd or aft.

This procedure takes about two minutes and it gets the fridge as level as it can get.

vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
FWIW, I don't worry about carrying extra levels or devices, when my HWH cycle is complete I go to the bathroom door (and/or the shower door) and open it, if it stays where I left it we are level, if not I will tweak the jack adjustment. If it is too far out I will adjust the circuit board (I have done that twice in 10 years), it takes about 30 seconds as long as you have the wrench and an offset (or stubby) Phillips screwdriver, otherwise it could take 3 hours to find the tools and drink a few adult beverages.
DrDaveMA,
While your system of diagnosing LEVEL works for doors etc., it may be putting the cooling system of the fridge in jeopardy. I kind-a did the same thing for a while but, I use the fridge freezer plate for the ultimate decision maker. The freezer plate is right above the coils that must be as close to level as possible for the ammonia to circulate through them. It is most certainly up to you since it's your coach. You choose what works for you. I too don't like doors closing or opening on their own but, to me, a $3,000 dollar fridge is a bit more important than self closing doors.
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor3000 View Post
I have pretty much given up on the automatic level feature of the HWH 625 system on my DSDP. I simply manually dump the air and manually level the left side then the right using a button level on the front console. I then open the fridge door 90 deg and manually adjust the front and back until the door remains neutral and does not swing fwd or aft.

This procedure takes about two minutes and it gets the fridge as level as it can get.
Vapor3000,
We too have the HWH 625 Computer Controlled Automatic Leveling System. We have many friends who also have the same system. Most of the time, the controller for those particular systems are pretty accurate and reliable. But, they do get "out of adjustment" every now and then. And, it's quite possible that the factory made incorrect adjustments on them from the git-go. Some of my friends coaches were waaaaaaay out of adjustment and, would put the front wheels off the ground, ON LEVEL GROUND when the automatic operation was put into service.

They too got fed up with the automatic operation and, like you, simply manually dumped the air and, leveled the coach the manual way. My coach, an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT, worked quite well for the first four years we owned it. Then, for some odd reason, it started acting up and raising the coach too high during its automatic operation, even on somewhat level ground.

So, I learned how to adjust the controller. After I did that, the coach now levels, PERFECTLY each and every time, on many different surfaces, unless the slope is too much for the automatic system to handle. I have show friends how to make the adjustment and now theirs too, levels absolutely flawlessly level, each and every time.

Unless there's something mechanically wrong or, electrically, you too should be able to adjust your system so that it levels easily, in the automatic operation. If you have adjusted it and or, have had it adjusted and, it still performs incorrectly, then it could be a bad controller. I'm no expert on the system, just have made mine and a few others now work correctly due to the proper adjustment. I won't go into the adjustment procedure unless you ask. Good luck.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
DrDaveMA,

While your system of diagnosing LEVEL works for doors etc., it may be putting the cooling system of the fridge in jeopardy. I kind-a did the same thing for a while but, I use the fridge freezer plate for the ultimate decision maker. The freezer plate is right above the coils that must be as close to level as possible for the ammonia to circulate through them. It is most certainly up to you since it's your coach. You choose what works for you. I too don't like doors closing or opening on their own but, to me, a $3,000 dollar fridge is a bit more important than self closing doors.

Scott

Scott, I agree, those that have a RV refer have more concerns leveling and should get their refer adjusted so the it is properly level when the coach is level. Leveling to the refer while the coach is not just does not make sense. Level your coach then adjust the refer so it is level, then you don't have to measure at your freezer plate.

Those of us that have residential refers do not worry about that, level the coach and the refer is fine, oh and by the way so are my doors. Get your coach set up properly and you will not have problems. Good luck with your $3,000 fridge.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
DrDaveMA,
Scott

Vapor3000,
We too have the HWH 625 Computer Controlled Automatic Leveling System. We have many friends who also have the same system. Most of the time, the controller for those particular systems are pretty accurate and reliable. But, they do get "out of adjustment" every now and then. And, it's quite possible that the factory made incorrect adjustments on them from the git-go. Some of my friends coaches were waaaaaaay out of adjustment and, would put the front wheels off the ground, ON LEVEL GROUND when the automatic operation was put into service.

They too got fed up with the automatic operation and, like you, simply manually dumped the air and, leveled the coach the manual way. My coach, an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT, worked quite well for the first four years we owned it. Then, for some odd reason, it started acting up and raising the coach too high during its automatic operation, even on somewhat level ground.

So, I learned how to adjust the controller. After I did that, the coach now levels, PERFECTLY each and every time, on many different surfaces, unless the slope is too much for the automatic system to handle. I have show friends how to make the adjustment and now theirs too, levels absolutely flawlessly level, each and every time.

Unless there's something mechanically wrong or, electrically, you too should be able to adjust your system so that it levels easily, in the automatic operation. If you have adjusted it and or, have had it adjusted and, it still performs incorrectly, then it could be a bad controller. I'm no expert on the system, just have made mine and a few others now work correctly due to the proper adjustment. I won't go into the adjustment procedure unless you ask. Good luck.
Scott
I can get close to level in the automatic mode. I can get much closer to perfectly level doing it manually. I may fool around with it some day, but I'm good for now leveling manually.

vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote