Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #1

HWH manual leveling jacks

Is there a way to just replace the hwh leveler control board to an automatic control board or is there more to it? I have a manual one but I found a used eBay auto leveler control box I was thinking to replace it with the auto one.
mcarden75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2018, 05:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarden75 View Post
Is there a way to just replace the hwh leveler control board to an automatic control board or is there more to it? I have a manual one but I found a used eBay auto leveler control box I was thinking to replace it with the auto one.
The person/member on here that you need to get a hold of is Paul Maddox. His user name is AZPete. He's associated with HWH in that he's done lots of work for them. Many of us have been blessed with his advice on various issues with our leveling and slide systems. He can tell you one way or the other if you can even think about changing to an auto-level system from a manual one. I suspect not but, I'm no tech.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
The person/member on here that you need to get a hold of is Paul Maddox. His user name is AZPete. He's associated with HWH in that he's done lots of work for them. Many of us have been blessed with his advice on various issues with our leveling and slide systems. He can tell you one way or the other if you can even think about changing to an auto-level system from a manual one. I suspect not but, I'm no tech.
Scott
Thank you. My leveling jacks work but I was thinking if I can auto level that would be awesome. Being a manual is OK but hey a push of a button would be cool. The only thing is the right front led light doesn't turn which tells me if that Jack is up or down. Other then that it is working the way it's supposed to be [emoji4]
Old 05-20-2018, 09:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Thank you. My leveling jacks work but I was thinking if I can auto level that would be awesome. Being a manual is OK but hey a push of a button would be cool. The only thing is the right front led light doesn't turn which tells me if that Jack is up or down. Other then that it is working the way it's supposed to be [emoji4]
Most with auto level use manual level anyway. ..auto don't work that great all the time

There was just a thread about this
wingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnuts View Post
Most with auto level use manual level anyway. ..auto don't work that great all the time

The one that I have is this one. If you notice the front right led is off but the Jack is down. Do you think it could be the magnet sensor or just the led?Click image for larger version

Name:	1526873595566.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	203636
Old 05-21-2018, 06:05 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped other on this forum and I am sure he can help you
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #7
Commercial Member

mcarden, it may be as simple as the sensor is unplugged on top of the jack. magnets dont fail. they are glued into the top of the cylinder rod. if its missing, which very rarely happens, you would never get a red light from that jack.

the sensor may fail. just pull it out of the top of the cylinder, plug it into the harness, and put a magnetic screwdriver to the bottom. it should turn the red light on the panel on. if not replace it.
leds dont fail very often. i have never replaced a circuit board because of led failure.

on the replacement of the system, you would have to buy everything except the joystick, jacks, and the main pump body.
you would need a new harness, 4 pressure switches, a control box, a jack manifold, and a new touch pad. you could re use the hoses and jacks.
it can be done, but its really costly.
it may be cheaper to just buy a new system from camping world and install it yourself. the pump and manifold and control box would come together, that would take a lot of the labor out of it.

that way, you could resell the pump and joystick and recoup some of the cost.
i have done it. it takes about 12 to 16 hours.
paul maddox
i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped other on this forum and I am sure he can help you
Thought I said that.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
mcarden, it may be as simple as the sensor is unplugged on top of the jack. magnets dont fail. they are glued into the top of the cylinder rod. if its missing, which very rarely happens, you would never get a red light from that jack.

the sensor may fail. just pull it out of the top of the cylinder, plug it into the harness, and put a magnetic screwdriver to the bottom. it should turn the red light on the panel on. if not replace it.
leds dont fail very often. i have never replaced a circuit board because of led failure.

on the replacement of the system, you would have to buy everything except the joystick, jacks, and the main pump body.
you would need a new harness, 4 pressure switches, a control box, a jack manifold, and a new touch pad. you could re use the hoses and jacks.
it can be done, but its really costly.
it may be cheaper to just buy a new system from camping world and install it yourself. the pump and manifold and control box would come together, that would take a lot of the labor out of it.

that way, you could resell the pump and joystick and recoup some of the cost.
i have done it. it takes about 12 to 16 hours.
paul maddox
i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum
Maybe I'll just keep with what I have. For me I'm very disabled with multiple damaged spinal discs so this type of work is a little harder for me lol.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Thought I said that.
Scott
Thank you. I'll call or email. I'm doing a lot of repairs and I have to say, I'm happy with the results.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnuts View Post

My leveling PC board had to be replaced in 2013, other than that instance automatic leveling has worked great. Not bad for 18 yrs old.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Thank you. I'll call or email. I'm doing a lot of repairs and I have to say, I'm happy with the results.
Paul answered your post above. His user name on the site is azpete.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:45 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Thought I said that.
Scott
You did. I was just giving him a phone number & email address.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, manual