Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #1

HWH Parts

We have a leaking jack and I wondered where the best place (best price) would be to boy a replacement jack. We are in the Tucson , Az. area
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #2

Call HWH & they will ship one.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Several of my customers took their jacks to a hyd. jack rebuilders. They said it was much cheaper and none reported any problems with the rebuild.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler
Several of my customers took their jacks to a hyd. jack rebuilders. They said it was much cheaper and none reported any problems with the rebuild.
I agree with ga traveler. The cylinder and piston assembly is really a simple assembly. Any hydraulic shop should be able to repair your jack in short order. My son runs a hydraulic repair and supply shop but unfortunately for you it is in Indianapolis. Good luck.
HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #5

Over the years between this site and RV.NET I don't recall anyone ever really having great success at rebuilding HWH jacks. From what I recall, they have to be cut apart and then rewelded. I suppose a really good shop may take the time and be able to repair one but for any typical hydraulic shop, I am not so sure. Perhaps that is why the majority of comments I read recommend folks just purchase a new cylinder from HWH. I really wish there was any "easy" fix that any shop could handle but I just haven't read about it yet.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
Commercial Member

try lances rv repair 1-520-229-9187. he can handle the whole thing, or if you just need the part, go to camping world. they can also order it.
hwh also gives a one year warranty on their parts. local shops usually dont. thats not saying they cant or dont do a excellent job. almost all do. its just not a national warranty like hwh's. you need to ask.
order a reman cylinder. if hwh has one in stock, they are cheaper, and carry the same warranty as new. or email them for a return number, and send in your cylinder to be rebuilt. again, a years warranty on the cylinder.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh