Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2016, 06:34 PM   #1

HWH Pump System - Winnebago

So I'm helping a neighbor with his 2001 Winnebago... Journey? it has a HWH hydraulic pump to move the slides and run the jacks... I can hear the dang thing running... I'm having issues with the jacks... and I'm trying to locate the pump and solenoids...

I've opened all the storage units... and can't find the darn thing... is the pump accessible from inside the coach.... or is that pump outside and I just can't find it.... So ""Wheres the PUMP""

I'm sure I'm walking right by the thing... just can't find it...

Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2016, 06:43 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
It's underneath, usually fastened to the frame rail. You can run the front wheels up on blocks to get more room underneath or even park across a shallow ditch.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #3

try looking inside large basement compartment on drivers side.

Rear wall may have a panel covering pump and solenoid valves.

other places in general are under the hood and behind slides.

good luck
TJ
thunderjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:03 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
If the 01 Journey is configured the same as the 07, the HWH pump, motor, solenoids and hydraulic tank are located under the entry steps on the right front corner of the coach. The top two steps should lift up for access from above. You will need to get under the coach to work at the control board which has a clear plastic shield over it. Download the manual for your system from the HWH website and use the LED's on the circuit board for troubleshooting.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:17 PM   #5

Here's the manual:
http://winnebagoind.com/resources/ma.../01Journey.pdf

Here's parts breakdown, enter year & model and go to leveling system (will show locations):
Parts Catalog
Old 06-18-2016, 11:52 PM   #6

FleetMan... thank you... I have the manual from the HWH web site.. and have been looking it over... the coach is inside a bay... 3 1/2 ft on each side and I've got about 10 hours in tracing down an electrical issue.... a guy who changed the batteries... he put the black ground wire to the ECM on the + terminal of the battery and the engine wouldn't start... BTW it hasn't run in about 3 years... I was amazed that with both the black (-) and red (+) wires to the ECM on the (+) post the ECM wasn't damaged... engine now starts and runs fine...

I just can't get the 2 front jacks down to move the thing... and need to manually release the pressure on those jacks to get them up...

Jim
Old 06-19-2016, 12:06 AM   #7

I used to own a 2001 Journey 36LD, and now own a 2002 Horizon 36LD. On both units the HWH pump system was located in the same place, hanging off the chassis frame at the rear of the drivers side forward slide.

I took this picture from under with the slide out, looking aft.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	130598  
JaminSamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:17 AM   #8

Well, the coach is sitting in a bay and I can't open the slide... I can get under it, but don't want to be under it when I open the valves and lower the jacks... I won't fit...

But I have at least 2 possible locations... I'll crawl under it and look when I get back to it later this weekend or first of the week...

My neighbor is a great old guy... but sometimes I just want to scream... OH WELL... I'll get this figured out.. thanks guys
Old 06-19-2016, 09:16 AM   #9

Jim, don't you want to raise the jacks so you can move the coach?
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:41 AM   #10

yes, I want to raise them... which lowers the chassis... did I say that incorrectly above...

Jim
Old 06-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #11

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelag View Post
Well, the coach is sitting in a bay and I can't open the slide... I can get under it, but don't want to be under it when I open the valves and lower the jacks... I won't fit...

But I have at least 2 possible locations... I'll crawl under it and look when I get back to it later this weekend or first of the week...

My neighbor is a great old guy... but sometimes I just want to scream... OH WELL... I'll get this figured out.. thanks guys
To open the valves safely, you should have a properly rated jack stand and jack. That way the RV can't trap you under it. Well worth the money for your health and safety.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #12

On my 04 journey, there's one but that holds both steps. The top two steps lift up and the solenoid valves are right underneath and you can easily reach and flip the valves open manually to raise them and check your fluid levels. I'm having jack issues of my own so I've spent a lot time with those steps up

throbbin367 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, winnebago