Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
KIX

HWH Repair Center???

We are traveling from Atlanta to Maine and will be leaving Atlanta at the end of May. We have a hydraulic leak at the pump reservoir area of the HWH system that we need to get repaired either before leaving Atlanta or somewhere enroute. Anyone know of a GOOD shop either in Atlanta or along the way to Maine that is good with hydraulic issues?
I just don't have a place nor the inclination to repair it myself. Tanks for all suggestions.

KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I would call HWH and ask them for the closest service. I know Tom Johnson's RV in Marion. NC is able to work on them. They do excellant work and have a great facility.

Bleakley in Atlanta is a Winnie dealer so they should be able to check out your problem. I was at their facility with my last coach several years ago. They also were professional and have full hookups in the back while you are waitong for service.

The problem you may run in to is that your leak is probably the hose at the connection and it may have to be ordered. I had a leak there and actually stopped at HWH and was told at the time it didn't seem to be leaking. A few weeks later I noticed it was still leaking and went to Tom Johnson's who diagnosed it as the hose connection. HWH paid for the repair but I had to wait for the hose to be shipped from IA to NC (a couple of days). It wasn't a big deal for me because I full time and didn't have to be anywhere but I'm sure you don't want to give up vacation time.

Have a great trip!

Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I just needed HWH service on my way home from FL in mid-April.

I checked HWH's website and HWH has a master service center in Lexington, SC. Lexington is just southeast of Columbia, SC. I called Tony's RV Service and they got me in and did my repairs. Tonys only does service. They do no RV sales They set me up in their parking lot with water and electric. I spent 2 nights there. They overnight parts from HWH and repaired my system. They called HWH in the afternoon and to my amazement the parts arrived, from Iowa, before noon the next day! Tonys is a large operation and I was very impressed. They have the largest stock of RV parts I have ever seen. I would use them again.

There are only a few master service centers in the US. You can check them at http://www.hwhcorp.com/mastserv3.html

I HIGHLY recommend Tonys. http://www.tonysrv.com/ or 803-894-3071.

BTW, Bleakleys or Tom Johnsons are not HWH Master Service Centers.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Kix:

Regarding the possibility of a leaking hose fitting; if that is found to be the case, any good NAPA or other similar auto parts store or any place that sells/services hydraulic equipment can make up a replacement hose in minutes. I had a leaking hose and had my local auto parts store make a replacement for about $30 and it was far superior to the OEM hose that was leaking.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You may have already done this but check your fill caps (and fluid) on your reservoir. On my 2004 Journey it is under the steps.

I had similar leak and could not find service between FL & CA last year. In CA I decided to tackle it myself. Pulled up the steps to view reservoir and all three caps were loose. Freightliner had serviced the RV just before we left Florida. I do not know why (not part of their service) but they must have loosened the caps to check the fluid levels and not tightened them down.

I added about half a gallon of fluid, tightened caps and has been fine ever since.

John Abbott, 2004 Winnebago Journey, 39'
Old 05-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
KIX

Thanks guys. We're in the North GA mountains now. Maybe I will take a detour to go to Lexington.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Maybe I will take a detour to go to Lexington.
If you plan on using Tonys I suggest you call them to verify that they can get you in. They are very busy.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
KIX

Already did that with an email and will call them tomorrow if I don't hear from them by noon. We';ve got a couple of weeks before I can get up there. Thansk for the help
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
A few years ago we used Tony's and was very satisfied with the work. Nice folks.
DICK
Acker1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
paz

Based on the recommendations, it sounds like Tony's is the place to go. But if they can't get you in, consider calling HWH and asking for the name of service locations.

Another option is mobile service that comes to your site. I once got the name of a mobile service from HWH. The disadvantage is you may have to pay for 2 service calls if parts are required that are not in stock. On the other hand, it may cost a little more for mobile service, but it may be worth it if you don't have to go out of your way or delay your trip.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote