Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #1

HWH slide will not retract

Hello all, I am having a problem retracting the main slide on my 2000 rexair. It has the HWH hydraulic system with dual rams. The pump is up front and it has four solenoids that control each of the slides and the leveling system. When I extend the main slide, everything works fine. However when trying to retract I will hit the switch and the slide will come in a few inches as the pressure releases from the hydraulics but the pump never comes on and the slide will not come in. I have to extend it back out and try again. Sometimes it will come in after cycling it a couple of times. Sometimes it will take 10 plus time to get it to come it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2015, 10:36 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Do you have a rocker switch that extends/retracts the slide? It is very possible that the double post/double throw switch is bad

Old 01-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #3

Are you retracting the jacks first? If the HWH controller doesn't "see" a jack down, the pump will not run for the slide operation. At least one jack down light must be illuminated.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #4

Rexhall Owners Group
my guess would be the rocker switch as well. do you have another slide in the coach that you could swap rocker switches with?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:41 PM   #5

I do have the bedroom slide. I will try that. Also all the jacks are down. I made sure the hydraulic fluid was full as well. I do notice a clicking sound when I hit retract that sound like it is coming from under the dash. That would mean the switch is probably working but a relay somewhere possibly? Thanks for the replies by the way.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:38 AM   #6

Rexhall Owners Group
the switch activates both the pump motor and the room solenoid. I had a situation where the pump part of the switch would work on both extend and retract, but the solenoid would not work on retract. New switch fixed it.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #7

I will pull the switch from the beddroom slide and try that today. I hope that is it. I think that would be the cheapest fix.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #8

I had a 1997 Rexhal with super slide and had several problem with slide. Sometimes it would retract sometimes not. I finally had them replace the electronic board on floor beside the drivers seat. No further problems. The board only cost $39 at camping world. I would order the part and replace yourself worth a shot for $39!

Hurk
Old 01-29-2015, 06:50 AM   #9
Commercial Member

use a 12 volt tester to check the back of the switch to see if power is being transmitted on both side of the switch. one side controls the pump, and the other side controls the solenoids. dont buy any parts till you are sure you need that part. this test is shown in the hwh service manual. mt cell is 602-549-3638 if you wish to call. paul maddox i do work for hwh, as a service tech, as well as sales in the southwest.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #10

Thanks for all the help. To give a quick update. It was the rocker switch. Quick 11 dollar fix.

Tags
hwh, slide