Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #1

Hyd slides

OK, to make a long story short, the motor on my hydraulic pump has burned out. My problem is that my slides are in, and I need to get them out. I have Open the valves, and hoped I could push them out, but no way. Any help would be appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Take the hydraulic lines loose at the manifold and put them in a bucket when you push the slides out the bucket will catch the fluid. You may need another person or two depending on how heavy the slideout are.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrambeau View Post
OK, to make a long story short, the motor on my hydraulic pump has burned out. My problem is that my slides are in, and I need to get them out. I have Open the valves, and hoped I could push them out, but no way. Any help would be appreciated.
Well,
First off, you don't say what make/model/year/chassis/length/ coach you have. There may be people reading this that have the same exact coach who, may have dealt with your problem.

Second, GOOD LUCK on pushing any HYDRAULIC slides out. Depending on your particular system and how it's designed, you're pushing a lot of hydraulic fluid, though some small hoses and, in many cases, you're activating a "Balance" cylinder at the same time which means, you've got increased line pressure because you're pushing fluid in a couple of different directions at the same time.

And third, again, since we don't know your coach, and which model hydraulic system you have, trying to work on the manifold and remove hoses, is a serious nightmare due to the ultra close proximity of all those hoses. And they're not very pliable and those fittings are tough to wrench on without some specialty wrenches too.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:01 AM   #4

Two of my slides are controlled by a Lippert system. You can manually open the appropriate solenoid and then there is a rubber plug on the end of the hydraulic motor that you can put a socket and an electric drill. This will take the place of your burnt out motor and your slide should move.

2009 Safari Cheetah 40'
350 HP Cat
2014 Ford Focus
Air Force One
Old 08-21-2016, 10:16 PM   #5

Guys, just look at his profile to see his MH details. He has a 40' Itasca Horizon MH. I strongly suspect he has a HWH hydraulic system for slide and jack operation.

jambeau, read the HWH FAQ page to see if they have a quick answer to your question.
I do know your MH came with a winch to pull the slide in, but manually putting it out is not mentioned in the owners manual. You may find the HWH slide service manual helpful too.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:19 AM   #6

Thanks Ray. I just pulled the motor and pump addy out and ordered a new motor I'll have it tomorrow
Old 08-22-2016, 07:21 AM   #7

Thanks

i pulled the motor and pump addy and am getting a new motor. Should have it tomorrow

Tags
slide