Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2016, 09:21 AM   #1

Hydra lift needs to go

I'm in the process of selling the 06 Hydralift that is on the back of our 07 Discovery. Not using it so I figured we would sell BUT......

Once sold I don't have a proper receiver! The receiver that was installed on the XC Chassis was removed prior to installing back in 07. The Hydra Lift has the receiver on the lift. Where will I find a receiver for the Freightliner XC chassis?

Thanks
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2016, 05:32 PM   #2

I don't believe that Freightliner builds there own hitches, so a call to Freightliner with your serial number should get you a part number and the name of the original supplier.

1-800-385-4357
Old 06-18-2016, 06:13 PM   #3

Good idea! Thanks
Old 06-19-2016, 07:26 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Are your saddle brackets bolted or welded to chassis frame?
shaman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Or just go to the Freightliner factory service center in Gafney and ask them to install a replacement receiver. There were crates of them in the yard when I was there last year. Obviously need to make arrangements ahead, since they probably have to order the right part and then schedule the appointment.

1-800-FTL-HELP for info about the part; See Parts and Service | Freightliner Chassis RV for parts and service info.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman52 View Post
Are your saddle brackets bolted or welded to chassis frame?
Bolted and tack welded to frame.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:26 PM   #7

Hey Mchero,
You and I talked quite a while ago on the subject of selling your Hydralift. You weren't sure at the time, I think because you just acquired the coach, not sure. In any case, it sounds as if your hitch was removed so that the adapter brackets that attach to the Hydralift saddle brackets, could be attached in the same mounting holes. It's the EXACT way I did mine when I installed my Hydralift. But, since I did the install, I kept the original hitch for a "just in case" time when and if the Hydralift was ever sold.

Well, it was and, that factory hitch went back on. Well, in your case, it's no big deal at all. Any competent welder/fabricator can build you a class III, IV, or V hitch in a matter of a day or so. It's not rocket science. You don't have to go to Gaffney, or Freightliner or anything that complicated. It's a HITCH, not a space shuttle.

Any idea what you might want for your Hydralift? I might be in the market. I sold mine a few years ago and have been regretting it ever since. I now carry our GL 1800 GoldWing on a Rampage lift in the back of our 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:14 AM   #8

Thanks for the post Scott.

Owned the coach for over two years now. Nine of those months full timing. Never used the lift so we decided that we might as well sell it. 2500 is the current asking price. I have all paperwork form the original purchase. The lift is lightly used. I think the prior owner used the lift a couple of times before he developed cancer. Really sad to say that from all the paperwork I have found the prior owner got perhaps one season in the coach B4 selling. ONE of the main reasons we decided to retire early!

Currently in New England thinning out the storage unit. Plan on heading south just B4 the snow flies.

RM