Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2016, 08:24 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I have had the same issue since I bought the motorhome 3 years ago. I just hit the all up button while driving and the alarm and light goes away. It happens at least once a day when I'm on the road. I don't worry about it anymore. The jacks are always up when I check.
RV Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2016, 04:07 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Hwh says that it can take up to 6 or 7 minutes for the system to completely reach the travel mode after the lights go out. I generally store the jacks while DH unhooks the power line, walks around to make sure all jacks are up, slides are flush, etc. By the time he is ready to come in, all is well and I hit the travel button. No alarms since doing the "wait" routine.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Traveler View Post
Ray - what do you mean by "time out". I always wait for the "jacks down" light to go off. Is that what you mean?
No, "Time-out" was the wrong term, sorry. When the display panel shows "stored" I wait another minute before shutting the display panel off. the solenoids are open to allow fluid to flow back into the storage tank until the panel is turned off. This allows any residual pressure to dissipate before the solenoids shut down.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:35 PM   #18

I also have had the problem of the "leg down" alarm going off while driving. I have not been able to find a problem but have taken to driving with the "store" button on and no alarm. I hope nothing is harmed with this fix.

Walley World, 2005 Triple E. 35' Workhorse 8.1 GM with Banks Power Pack
Walley World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:20 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
No, "Time-out" was the wrong term, sorry. When the display panel shows "stored" I wait another minute before shutting the display panel off. the solenoids are open to allow fluid to flow back into the storage tank until the panel is turned off. This allows any residual pressure to dissipate before the solenoids shut down.

Ahh. I will try that - maybe it will make a difference for me. Thanks!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:38 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
I too suspect the fluid level is low.
That was my issue on my Dynasty.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #21

HWH Bulletin attached on how to store jacks before you switch ignition from accessory to off/run.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jack Bulletin.pdf (8.6 KB, 107 views)
tul91562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tul91562 View Post
HWH Bulletin attached on how to store jacks before you switch ignition from accessory to off/run.

Wow. That is ... Enlightening. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:22 PM   #23

I am following this thread and hope I will not hijack it with my questions.
I have a 05 Kountry Star that is new to me. The level buzzer starts after a few miles of driving and I cant get it to turn off. The shop that serviced
the coach for the seller, replaced both solenoids and switches on the front
HWH jacks. My panel shows the right front is not retracted. I have hit store and it does not stop...very frustrating.

When I got home, i noticed the right front jack is down about an inch.
The next morning, it is still down, but no buzzer. (yet) I saw the above post with the info bulletin and decided to look at my springs. All my springs are the new taper style, EXCEPT for the right front which has the old style for some reason ???? I have attached photos below. I will call HWH, but looks like I should try new springs first???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160711_132708_resized.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	133067   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160707_171900_resized.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	133068  

RMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:58 AM   #24

I had springs replaced & ran with panel in store mode still had right rear mainly going down but others also. The 7 minute wait has helped & store mode.
tul91562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The longer it takes for the jacks to come up, the longer the solenoids are open and creating heat, the shorter the life of the solenoid. The times on that chart looked excessively long to me.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:02 AM   #26

Had the same thing happen to me, pulled over onto the shoulder and looked under the rig. ALL JACKS WERE OK. DROVE DOWN THE ROAD AND STARTED UP AGAIN, SO I PULLED OVER ONCE AGAIN. ALL LOOKED OK again. Drove to a repair shop and they checked the fluid, was low so filled it and now all is good.
casterbonham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
I too suspect the fluid level is low.
I had the same issue. Turns out that the float switch inside the oil reservoir was faulty too.
jpstakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tul91562 View Post
I had springs replaced & ran with panel in store mode still had right rear mainly going down but others also. The 7 minute wait has helped & store mode.
I could drive if the light is on, But the warning buzzer is terrible.

I have to find the fuse for the levelers
RMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic