Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Hydraulic Leak in slideout help please

Hello all, RV Newbie here, but i know tools...
I love the ClassA, 1997 Winnebago Adventurer, 34', I bought last year.
But, the small leak in the hydraulic line blew during my Memorial Weekend trip. :(
The main living room slideout has 2 legs, and the front leg is now full of hydraulic fluid. (I called Winnie headquarters and they told me how to find the T handle on the cylinoids, turn them loose, and push the slideout back in slowly. This worked, and now the slideout is loose and I can extend and retract it by hand.)
Now I need to fix the leak...
I can see that it's not the hoses, and I could hear the air leak inside the leg. I am thinking that it's gotta be a seal in the piston cylinder or something else inside the slideout leg.
Question... How do I get the piston cylinder out of the leg??? Is this do-able? Is there a manual? Pictures?
My initial thought is to prop up the slideout, unbolt the leg from the slideout then the cylinder will unbolt and come out the open end of the leg. It seams simple enough, but I know it's probabbly not, and there is always something little that I don't know about that needs to be removed too.
So, I would appreciate any help or maybe lead me to another post that explains this.
Thank you in advance and as always, Jam On!

JerryGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Is it an HWH system? If so, they are great when it comes to troubleshooting once you are able to contact their tech department.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "leg" but I'm not an expert at slides and their hydraulics. I've taken mine to experts when I've had leaks from hoses and the synchronizing cylinder so I'm not being much help here.

Here is a good basic tip sheet from Winnebago on the older slideouts which won't answer your question but at least gives you some terminology:

Here's also a troubleshooting guide from HWH, assuming yours are HWH, that will give you a lot to go on too. This goes into a little more detail but I'm not sure if you have this series of HWH hydraulics or not. Again, they have good tech support if you give them a call assuming you do have them:

amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote

leak, slideout