Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #1

Hydro Hot Question

My motorhome has the Hydro Hot system, with two thremoststs, one in bedroom and one in kitchen. If the thermostats are not set at the same temp, the highest turns on the fans and they blow cold air till the other thermstat is set the same then the burner will light. Is this normal. Have to keep the whole motorhome at same temp or burner does to light when only one thermstat requires heat. Any suggestions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #2

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Welcome to the forum. For my unit I can have one thermostat set to operate and one off. If I want to operate both thermostats they need to be on the same setting i.e., furnace or A/C, etc.

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

That doesn' sound correct. It is not how my Aqua Hot works. If I turn my diesel burner switch on then the boiler fires up and maintains boiler temp regardless of what the thermostats are set at. Turning the thermostat on and setting the thermostat to furnace mode turns on the circulating pumps. Raising the temps on the thermostat then turns on the fans to blow hot air. My thermostats do not control the diesel boiler only the fans and circulating pumps. With the circulating pumps running then when the fans come on I get hot air right away.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
That doesn' sound correct. It is not how my Aqua Hot works. If I turn my diesel burner switch on then the boiler fires up and maintains boiler temp regardless of what the thermostats are set at. Turning the thermostat on and setting the thermostat to furnace mode turns on the circulating pumps. Raising the temps on the thermostat then turns on the fans to blow hot air. My thermostats do not control the diesel boiler only the fans and circulating pumps. With the circulating pumps running then when the fans come on I get hot air right away.

Ditto for my unit...
Old 01-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Ditto for mine also.

I have two inside thermostats with 3 zones controlled. The kitchen/living room area is controlled by the thermostat located in the kitchen area. The thermostat in the bedroom controls two zones. Zone 1 is the bedroom, zone 2 is the bathroom. Both zone 1 and 2 on the bedroom control must be set to furnance or either zone can be off, but not set to heat or AC. The living area control can be set to anything as it is independent of the bedroom control.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #6

Thanks for the info. Fixed it today. The pump wires were crossed, so when the bedroom called for heat the bedroom fans would come but the living room pump would run. So when both thermostats were set the same it worked ok. Never tried to heat the living room and not the bedroom. Problem solved. Came this way from factory!!!!!