Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #1

hydrogen conversion system for better mpg on rv

Hi everyone......first post here for me.....first of all this is an awesome site.....I've learned a lot here so far...seeing how I'm a newbie to the class a rvs.....recently bought a 95 pace arrow.....looks like milage is around the average 7 to 8 mpg....I was talking to someone about hydrogen conversion systems.....was wondering if anyone has installed one on there rv.......to get better mpg of course......curious......
ROCKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not bad MPG

Think of it this way: That's pretty good MPG for a house!

Welcome!
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #3

There have been a few blogs about this hydrogen conversion system. A little physics lesson. We can never create energy nor destroy energy, all we can do is convert energy from one form to another. The engine in your rv converts chemical energy (gasoline) into rotational energy. The alternator converts rotational energy into electrical energy. The devise you Speak of uses electrical energy to split the hydrogen oxygen bond in water. This is one of the strongest bonds around requiring lots of energy to do. The intrinsic energy loss by your alternator (heat) will negate any gains the produced hydrogen will make.
When I was teaching auto shop I had a student who was convinced that the devise would work. I let him run with his device build and even fronted some materials for his build. My student worked all semester on this project and when ready we hooked up to a carb type chev v8 on a Dino stand. We hooked up to dyno and all needed instruments and ran test after test. When the devise was running, the load on the alternator far exceeded any gains from hydrogen produced. The conclusion my class made, a scam!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #4

Yes...very exited to roll down the highway in a studio apartment!!!!!on the other hand if it wasn't a scam everyone would do it.......
Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #5

Hummm ......I my try it on the toyota truck just for fun.....I tinker .....there for I am.....
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #6

Tinker away rockdog
I would be very carefull. While working with my student who tinkered we noticed a big flaw with any system you can get plans for on the internet. They did not allow to seperate the hydrogen from the oxygen. lets see Hydrogen, oxygen, inclosed space= boomage. If your toyota engine backfires just once, the flame will travel up the vacuum line to the seperation canistor and
stink is offline   Reply With Quote