Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Hydrogen/oxygen fuel injector

I was searching for for a conversion to compressed natural gas and ran across this product that claims a possible 60% fuel savings.and increased horsepower. http://globalenergydevices.com/products. Has anyone tried it? Based on the claim I could realize a "possible" 4 mpg.

Huck
Thor ace 29.1

Huck.hickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
All of us learned a long time ago to ignore these scams.

Contact Ford for the conversion parts need to go to CNG. It is an option on late model Ford truck/motorhome chassis. If you decide to go that route, you will find limited fueling stations and severely decreased range for the amount of fuel you can actually store - not to mention the weight penalty for carrying the tanks. CNG appeals to city owned fleets as they can install a central fueling station and range usually isn't an issue.

You best way to increase your mileage is to slow down. Between 60 and 62 mph seems to be a pretty sweet spot for the Ford chassis.

luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck.hickson View Post
I was searching for for a conversion to compressed natural gas and ran across this product that claims a possible 60% fuel savings.and increased horsepower. Products. Has anyone tried it? Based on the claim I could realize a "possible" 4 mpg.

Huck
Thor ace 29.1
Are you interested in buying a bridge in Alaska? Seriously this is nothing more than a water injector. Save your money.
Sammie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

Are you interested in buying a bridge in Alaska? Seriously this is nothing more than a water injector. Save your money.
That is kind of what I figured. Seems to be the same principle as you get on a rainy day the engine seems to run better which would mean the 5 star tune would be a lot better investment.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
That is kind of what I figured. Seems to be the same principle as you get on a rainy day the engine seems to run better which would mean the 5 star tune would be a lot better investment.

Thanks.
10-4 Good buddy You get what you pay for. I put a water injector on my 1978 Monaco / Dodge, and almost hydrolocked the motor.

Sammie
Old 08-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
I was searching for for a conversion to compressed natural gas and ran across this product that claims a possible 60% fuel savings.and increased horsepower. http://globalenergydevices.com/products. Has anyone tried it? Based on the claim I could realize a "possible" 4 mpg.

Huck
Thor ace 29.1
BTW. just did a circuit of the US: Melbourne FL to San Antonio TX to Albuquerque NM to Las Vegas NV to Helena MT to Yellowstone NP thru SD to Sioux Falls. Down to AL to GA then back home to Melbourne. Averaged 7.8 mpg towing a fiat pop. Wife wouldn't let the gas go below a half tank so we topped the tank every 200 miles. Never used more than 30 gal which left me 50 gal to find a gas station. 8(.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
BTW. just did a circuit of the US: Melbourne FL to San Antonio TX to Albuquerque NM to Las Vegas NV to Helena MT to Yellowstone NP thru SD to Sioux Falls. Down to AL to GA then back home to Melbourne. Averaged 7.8 mpg towing a fiat pop. Wife wouldn't let the gas go below a half tank so we topped the tank every 200 miles. Never used more than 30 gal which left me 50 gal to find a gas station. 8(.
????????
Old 08-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The H-OH injection systems have been around since I was a teenager under different names... Do they work? Questionable, Do they damage the engine, Very likely.

Consider this: IF they worked as well as they claim, and since the govermanurant has mandated higher and higher MPG for vehicles.. Why are they not already standard?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hydrogen/oxygen = Water
AND it on SALE!!!! BUY NOW AND SAVE!!!

Snake oil alert!!
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #10

Hydrogen/oxygen fuel injector

CNG is a great way to go read my $500 from MI to CA. on this forum. But it needs a epa kit and has to be done legally. For more information on CNG study
CNGCHAT.COM also look at the CNG stations around US and at the price of CNG.
MY average cost for CNG ended up being $1.98 and i did all the mountains on CNG. If you put enough miles on it my be worth it to you. Also you engine will run cleaner on CNG but you should at this time only go bi-fuel with gas backup.
That way you have the best of two worlds.

Tags
fuel