Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

Hydrohot

I have a hydrohot heating unit in my 2003 Country Coach Intrigue. Last weekend the devices that produce heat in the front half of the motorhome stopped working. The rear half heats normally. I looked in the hydrohot manual and see there are fuses associated with the devices for each half of the motorhome. Does anybody know where they would be located to check or have any ideas on what else could be wrong. Thanks.
ouachitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2016, 02:40 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
On my 07, the fuses are located just forward of the bedroom in the same compartment with the circuit breakers.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:24 PM   #3

From memory (Which can be dangerous!), the majority of the fuses on our 04 40' Allure, are in the basement bay below the drivers seat. Though a second set of fuses are in the basement on the passenger side, with the fuel filters.

You don't mention what CC you have? I see 38' in your profile. Do you have two heating fans on the front zone? One by the steps, the other neat the galley area? Had the Squirrel Cage Fans on the heat radiators, been making more noise then normal? They're known to go out form time to time, and need replacement. Some just retro pancake fans, others swap out the full heat register with already included pancake fans. The pancake fans are quite a bit less loud!

If you don't find a bad fuse, you might check into Roger Burkes Aqua/Hrdro Hot board. Roger does a good job of working thru the posts, provides solid advice, and has the latest and greatest parts available.

RV Hydronic Heater Forum

Best of luck to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:36 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I doubt that two fans would die at the same time. I'd look for some fuses in the bay under the drier's seat. I also think you have a Hurricane heater so the following troubleshooting link will be of assistance but not for this problem. Training Videos | International Thermal Research

Pull your manuals out and chase some wiring to find the fuses. There is also a fuse box in the rear compartment so check those also.