Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2016, 10:27 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFNM View Post
Wow - small world Danielsand, I am looking for a lady that fits that exact description. No luck here either....

Good luck to you! They are out there, and the fun is in the hunt.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen Family View Post
I remember that thread - didn't you buy your current coach about 6 months ago? Sorry - but we also love our slides.
Yes, I got the Vogue in the beginning of January. I absolutely LOVE it, but Prevost is calling........

Like I said,.....not ready to buy yet (unless the right one appears suddenly!). I have a buyer for the Vogue (won't lose a penny on it either). Buyer will wait, no problem there.

I tend to do things this way,.......it took me about 20 motorcycles until I found "the right one for me". I will never buy another one, my K1200RS has everything I ever wanted in a bike (and for my way of riding). Vogue has everything too, but it's still a "motorhome". I want the Bus!

Old 05-08-2016, 10:39 AM   #59

Negative comment about slides...? The operator of my coach keeps for getting to kneel the coach before closing the slides, thus, any accumulated moisture is not dumped off before closing the slide. Instead, the water surges inside while the knucklehead operator realizes the checklist violation.

Considering Removing and Replacing the operator.
RMSmithJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:58 AM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You can get a coach without slides if you dont mind one built in 19 tickety two. Can they break or leak? sure. If properly taken care of with minimal care, they will work flawlessly as mine have on two different coaches for over 170,000 miles! In our service department, slide problems are way way way less frequent than say water heaters, furnaces, air conditioners and water pumps. You could probably get by without those too.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:10 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by HicksRA View Post
I'm just curious as to why anyone would insist on not having a slide/slides.
Seems to me kinda like insisting on wearing underwear two sizes too small.
Just so they are 'Spiderman', it's all good!
Oops, wrong forum! Sorry folks!
Old 05-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielsand View Post
I am pretty "hard headed" (according to DW). When we shopped for our DP, I insisted I don't want ANY slides. She loves our coach, don't get me wrong, but she is "clandestinely" mentioning how "nice it would be to have a slide" (or two, or three, or four!!!).

So I would like to ask for a favor,........could you post your NEGATIVE (and negative only!) experiences with slides.........like "slide won't come out" (no problem for ME!), "slide won't come in" (BIG problem if one is trying to get on the road from "middle of nowhere"), "slide is leaking" (closed or open), "my cat got crushed by the slide", "slide fell out (extended itself) on it's own going down the road".......stuff like that?

I'd like to "rub her snout" into this post.

Thanks.
I absolutely hate slides... dumbest thing they ever did was cutting a big hole in the side of the coach

all they do is rattle and leak... and they all do it... some folk just don't hear so well..

the worst feeling ever is when you get there and the side won't go out...
or when you get ready to leave and it's pouring rain and it won't come in..

seems like the in side of the coach really suffers with the slides in and makes them not so usable..

they should make a separate selection of coaches for full timers and travelers..
Old 05-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSmithJr View Post
Negative comment about slides...? The operator of my coach keeps for getting to kneel the coach before closing the slides, thus, any accumulated moisture is not dumped off before closing the slide. Instead, the water surges inside while the knucklehead operator realizes the checklist violation.

Considering Removing and Replacing the operator.
never heard that on be fore..."the operator of my coach"