Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #1

I found the Village Idiot!

My brother and I just returned from Topsail Park in Florida. Upon entering this beautiful park, we noticed a really pretty red Prevost on a site RIGHT at the front of the park where everyone was sure to notice it, instead of at the back where we were nice and quiet! He has is ? Datastorm dish up with the electric blue light on it..you COULDN'T miss this rig if you tried...The next day we walked past and saw the owner around and started talking about it...When I asked what year it was, he said a 99 AND THEN out of nowhere....."1.3 Million NEW" ! Not exactly part of my question...then my bro asked how many slides...he said "None..we are travellers, not campers!" Seems to me he was doing a little camping that we saw...he was there when we arrived and was STILL there 3 days later! I believe I found someone who maybe compensated for his inadequate anatomy with a REALLY BIG, EXPENSIVE coach and wanted EVERYONE to notice it and how much it once cost....GEEEEZ!

footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #2

My brother and I just returned from Topsail Park in Florida. Upon entering this beautiful park, we noticed a really pretty red Prevost on a site RIGHT at the front of the park where everyone was sure to notice it, instead of at the back where we were nice and quiet! He has is ? Datastorm dish up with the electric blue light on it..you COULDN'T miss this rig if you tried...The next day we walked past and saw the owner around and started talking about it...When I asked what year it was, he said a 99 AND THEN out of nowhere....."1.3 Million NEW" ! Not exactly part of my question...then my bro asked how many slides...he said "None..we are travellers, not campers!" Seems to me he was doing a little camping that we saw...he was there when we arrived and was STILL there 3 days later! I believe I found someone who maybe compensated for his inadequate anatomy with a REALLY BIG, EXPENSIVE coach and wanted EVERYONE to notice it and how much it once cost....GEEEEZ!

footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #3

So what!
Trolling is a waste of time.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:00 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
What can be said?

Most of the time the rigors of travel and dealing with our coaches takes the edge off the pridefullness that is a little natural to all of us. Time is an effective teacher.

Hope this person is warm and caring to all he meets and that we are likewise.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
My hunch would be that once you got to talking to them they're probably pretty nice people.

Some folks just like to be flashy with their assets, that's why we have upscale housing, expensive jewelry, fancy luxury cars, and top of the line RV's. Others are just as happy investing what they have in personal assets that aren't so obvious such as stocks, bonds, Cd's, etc.

Either way they handle their assets, if they are genuine people who care about others, I'll enjoy their company.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Either way they handle their assets, if they are genuine people who care about others, I'll enjoy their company. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said sir, and ditto.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:08 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Nicely stated Richard. My sentiment also.
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:04 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Whew! When I saw the words 'Village Idiot' I thought he meant me, but then I remembered I don't have a Prevost.

Saw an interesting saying the other day that might fit: "They don't care how much you know until they know how much you care".

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Whats that poem about 'The price or size of there toys'?
They could turn out to be your best friends, Thats what happened when we met a couple who had a Brand new DP! They are our best friends now over nine years now and they are some of the best people I've had the privilege to meet. and I've met a bunch,on and off the web.Thats one of the 'perks' of fulltiming and rving!! There are lots of people who you would maybe never have met IF it wasn't for the rving experence.I wouldn't call him the village idiot,I'd call him the proud onwer of a new motorhome and ask questions and 'get to know them'. They may have bought that 1,3 million dollar coach and not really have a clue as to how the thing works.You have to look past the dollar value to help a fellow rv'er. I know,Its my opinion,But WE are supposed to help those who need it and praise the one who maybe needs it more.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #10

I can't say I met anyone associated with RVing that I dislike for any reason. I guess I have been fortunate. I can only hope when we take different roads they feel the same about me.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
We have some cd's. Mark Knopfler, Enya, Jimmy Buffet, Canadian Brass, Greg Brown, Jethro Tull, and The Seldom Scene. You are all welcome to come by and listen; slide-in, TH, FW, TT, MH, canvas tent, or a Prevost pulling a matching trailer with a Morgan inside it, doesn't matter. I can't think of an RVer we didn't enjoy a chat with . Guess that is what we like about this lifestyle.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:49 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
My hunch would be that once you got to talking to them they're probably pretty nice people.

Some folks just like to be flashy with their assets, that's why we have upscale housing, expensive jewelry, fancy luxury cars, and top of the line RV's. Others are just as happy investing what they have in personal assets that aren't so obvious such as stocks, bonds, Cd's, etc.

Either way they handle their assets, if they are genuine people who care about others, I'll enjoy their company. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather than type a response, I couldn't say it better than Richard.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #13

So he can afford what he wanted. Maybe he is working on the road since he has the big dish. Must be nice but why does it bother you? We sometimes park in places where I can see what is going on - because some days I can't move very well and spend the whole day looking out the windshield. We have met some nice people with expensive rigs and also some with tents.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
I noticed you didn't say he paid 1.3M for it - - just that that was what it cost new. Maybe he is proud that he was able to buy a used coach that would have been 1.3 M when new.

We don't camp - we RV. There is a difference no matter where you are staying. It is a state of mind thing. And he was probably tired of being asked about not having slides - - not everyone has to have quad slides in order to be comfortable.

The real question is why did it bother you so much?

Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote