Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #15

Entegra, most definitly yes, with 2 year warranty, Not a tiffin fan but great looking units.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #16

If the DW don't like, keep on looking! However, they have good reputations and what you see in a coach may not be what you need to order in a coach...

Last I knew, Newmar would work with you in reason, on some customizations of a coach. And yes, usually the higher up the food chain you go model wise, the components do change. I suspect the doors and closing 'feel' would be different.
!
Smitty

Old 11-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Love Entegra but no air leveling. Not a Tiffin fan. Had one with major quality control issues. More time in the shop than on the road. BIG AC fan. Look at an Eagle. With discount off MSRP it will be in your price range and has tile shower. Also love the floorplans. Here's mineClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415158575.410103.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	78262
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415158725.029211.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	885.1 KB
ID:	78265
[IMG]Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415158659.215936.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	812.0 KB
ID:	78264[[/IMG]
[IMG]Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1415158619.607251.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	78263[[/IMG]
This is my third AC and yes I've had issues but they have always been quickly addressed. Love the quality of interior and solid ride. No experience with Newmar but have also heard good things.

Keep us posted on your decision.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #18

None of the above. They don't hold a candle to a late model Country Coach Magna or Affinity.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #19

A lot depends on what your personal preferences are. We pull a 12,000# trailer and 450hp does fine. Just came over the 11,000' pass west of Denver weighing 53,000#s. On the long inclines, I just set the cruise @35 mph in 3rd, The cooling fan kicked in to high only twice. It couild have gone faster, but why? A 500 or 600hp would have been quicker, but I enjoyed the scenery longer. I am a Tiffin fan. We are on our third one and can't say enough for the extra things Bob Tiffin has done for us at no charge. Tiffins one year warranty is actually 3 or 4 years. They do not hesitate to go the extra mile when they are not obligated to. All of the coaches you are considering are fine. My son was happy with his Itasca Ellipse a week ago and loved their floor plan. They stopped in Denver just to walk through the new Ellipse Ultra and a Mountain Air. They continued their trip home in their new Mountain Air coach. The ride, quietness, power, and quality impressed them enough that it became something they couldn't live without. He just had his ATC enclosed trailer painted to match the Ellipse. Looks like he will have to spend another $7500 for another paint job.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #20

Crashed, helpful info and going to give a second look at mountainaire for both the air leveling and comfort drive. What type discount did they get, I have heard everything from 22 to 28 percent off? Is anyone getting 30 percent off?
Old 11-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #21

I've shopped newmar and entegra. Best I've gotten for a 2015 Newmar, Mountan Aire is 22%-26% cash deal. Consistant was 23% from Newmar dealers. Entegra Anthem consistent 28% -36%. 36% was simply a ploy by TEXAS to come to them and sign sight unseen. Passed. 30% is the norm at 3 different local dealer with none knowing previous offers. Currently pricing Entegra Cornerstone and Newmar London Aire. Tampa will be the final decision as its difficult to find a 2015 LA locally.

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 20..something CornerStone 44B
Old 11-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by redalertsc View Post
Crashed, helpful info and going to give a second look at mountainaire for both the air leveling and comfort drive. What type discount did they get, I have heard everything from 22 to 28 percent off? Is anyone getting 30 percent off?
I didn't get all of the info from him. He said 22% discount, but they gave several thousand more for his trade than what he thought it was worth, so maybe in that 26% range. He commented about how nice the Comfort Drive was, but from what he said it isn't much different from the way our 43 QGP Bus drives. I had driven his Ellipse and it there was a world of difference between it and my Bus, so he would notice an improvement. I would have looked at the Newmar, but I have a good Tiffin dealer 45 miles from both of our homes and I have so few problems that it's hard to look anywhere else.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Got to be careful about using the MSRP to determine discount. There are no rules about setting the MSRP so manufacturers can gross up the cost to whatever they want. If you are consistently expecting 25 - 30% discounts the MSRP has been set 25 - 30% too high.

I would avoid using the discount as a shopping comparison. Compare coaches you like the price the dealer wants. If the price is reasonable compared to a reasonable comparison you can determine whether or not you purchase it.

IMO if it is not false advertising it is skirting the limits.

Suggested retail price - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), list price or recommended retail price (RRP) of a product is the price which the manufacturer recommends that the retailer sell the product. The intention was to help to standardise prices among locations. While some stores always sell at, or below, the suggested retail price, others do so only when items are on sale or closeout/clearance.
Suggested pricing methods may conflict with competition theory, as they allow prices to be set higher than would otherwise be the case, potentially negatively affecting consumers. However, resale price maintenance goes further than this and is illegal in many regions.
Much of the time, stores charge less than the suggested retail price, depending upon the actual wholesale cost of each item, usually purchased in bulk from the manufacturer, or in smaller quantities through a distributor.
Suggested prices can also be manipulated to be unreasonably high, allowing retailers to use deceptive advertising by showing the excessive price and then their actual selling price, implying to customers that they are getting a bargain. Game shows have long made use of suggested retail prices both as a game element, in which the contestant must determine the retail price of an item, or in valuing their prizes.
Additionally, the use of MSRP and SRP have been confused. In certain supply chains, where a manufacturer sells to a wholesale distributor, and the distributor in turn sells to a reseller, the use of SRP is used to denote suggested reseller price. In that case MSRP is used to convey manufacturer suggested retail price.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #24

I am not going to say one is better then another. But I do want to say that everyone says "Floor Plan, Floor Plan, Floor Plan" I want to say, what are you going to use the coach for? I bought a Newmar and it has electric toilets which sounds great but in reality it stops me from being able to Boondock for more than 3 days. The floor plan is nice but I am somewhat forced to RV parks
Old 11-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
None of the above. They don't hold a candle to a late model Country Coach Magna or Affinity.
True but you don't get the new floor plans that are so sweet and different.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain42 View Post
I am not going to say one is better then another. But I do want to say that everyone says "Floor Plan, Floor Plan, Floor Plan" I want to say, what are you going to use the coach for? I bought a Newmar and it has electric toilets which sounds great but in reality it stops me from being able to Boondock for more than 3 days. The floor plan is nice but I am somewhat forced to RV parks
Why are you limited to three days? Our Bus has electric toilets and we dry camp in the desert for a week without problems. Granted, we are out most of the day with our Jeep and will use any cover to relieve when the need arises.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #27

A gallon per flush? A 40 gallon tank doesn't last long. Not much to hide behind in the desert.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
I know: need recommendation-tiffin allegro bus, newmar mountainaire , america...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro45640 View Post
Get the one that you and your wife like the best. It is your money.

and if you don't have a wife, get whatever you want! 😊😊😀

It's Really YOUR money! x👩x = 😜😜😜

Tags
newmar, tiffin